Resolved [beta e1.5.1] Crash When Finishing Auto-battle Siege after Making Peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.1
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2020-09-07_01.28.38_38f08b213335a1cc23f49ab7f0ad7981
Summary: I was besieging the final castle owned by the Southern Empire. One of my vassals proposed a peace deal with them during the map siege (taking down the walls and offensive weaponry). I had sufficient power to auto-battle it with ease, so I did. The moment I selected the option to send troops, the Kingdom menu came up automatically to force a decision on the peace before the auto-battle began. I agreed to peace. The menu then closed and the auto-battle activated. I won, claiming the castle, but we were now at peace. The game crashed immediately.
How to Reproduce: Start a siege, get a peace suggestion from a vassal clan, start the auto-battle for the siege and the peace discussion should initiate automatically for some reason, vote peace, close and let the auto-battle progress to victory, win the castle: CRASH! I can repeat the crash every time by following these steps. Voting "NO" on peace does not make the game crash, so peace during an auto-battle seems to be the cause.
Scene Name (if related): Melion Castle (location probably does not matter.
Media (Screenshots & Video):
xzmNhlx.jpg

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
CPU: Intel i5-10600k 4.1GHz
RAM: 32G
Motherboard: MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon Wifi (MS-7C73)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): M2 2TB WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70

Last edited:
I have uploaded the save to upload.taleworlds.com with this thread linked in the submission comment. All you need to do to get the crash is follow the steps in the image.
  1. Select "Send Troops". The peace vote should come up immediately.
  2. Vote for peace. Another vote will come up after for castle ownership of a different castle. Just select majority vote.
  3. Finish the auto-battle (just fast-forward to completion).
  4. The game should crash when you select "Done" at the bottom of the victory prompt.

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom