[Beta e1.2.0] Auto-Resolve needs a hotfix ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

ma251

Recruit
Auto-resolving a battle with looters results in abnormal losses. Example, 13 looters KILLED 10 T1, 3 T2, and one T4 unit. [My band was 50 strong].

Since this game has no decent way of leveling up troops [like barracks/training] other than farming looters/bandits, can TaleWorlds please hotfix this so the game is playable without manually fighting tons of battles?

Highlighting issue for the devs. Don't know where else to convey this.

Can confirm. IMHO looters were in a pretty good place as it was. They couldn't kill units but they could definitely weaken a small starting band until it was vunlerable to other bandit attacks.

Looters are too OP now, but were stupidly bugged before. You could attack a band of 60 looters with 50 recruits, have 40 wounded and 0 dead. It made no sense and was only acceptable because it was necessary to train troops. They should scale looter dmg back a bit, to a point where they are about as deadly as recruits in autoresolve. If you pit 20 recruits vs 20 looters, you might barely win and lose 10 units (dead, not wounded). Together with that they of course need to add a another way of traning units (waiting in a training ground, whatever).

It's important to remember that this affects the AI too. Battles are already oversaturated with recruits, and if the AI starts losing elite units to looters (they already do vs other bandits), then it's just going to weaken the AI even more. The player can always choose to fight battles manually and avoid losses (but waste time)... but the AI cannot.

I think looters were fine as they were, as the player rarely has armies entirely comprised of just recruits.

But if this stays, then we need some new ways of training troops quickly. Chasing looters in the late game isn't fun, and having big battles with lots of recruits isn't either.

Or the entire auto-calc mechanism needs a rework to stop Elite Cataphracts going down to a guy wearing a loincloth wielding a tablespoon.

Yet another example of time/work wasted on something that wasn't broken and making a bigger problem, that then requires more work wasted to fix.
Make game run gooder, make perks work and gooder, make kingdom diplomacy more gooder.
Don't make nothin bader no more

Yet another example of time/work wasted on something that wasn't broken and making a bigger problem, that then requires more work wasted to fix.
Make game run gooder, make perks work and gooder, make kingdom diplomacy more gooder.
(y) (y)

For me it's been like this since day one. that's why I'm never autolooting. It used to be really bad in Warband too but I can't remember if you used to lose so many troops.

Exactly.

Autoresolve took into account only looter rocks, not their weapons. That is why you could end up with 30 wounded up never any dead fighting them, rocks only do blunt damage. So it was a BUG that was fixed. If you find the result unbalanced, you can complain and ask for a rebalance. But that does not change the fact that a bug was fixed. Making the game more balanced by keeping bugs in the game is demented.

It's important to remember that this affects the AI too. Battles are already oversaturated with recruits, and if the AI starts losing elite units to looters (they already do vs other bandits), then it's just going to weaken the AI even more. The player can always choose to fight battles manually and avoid losses (but waste time)... but the AI cannot.

I think looters were fine as they were, as the player rarely has armies entirely comprised of just recruits.

But if this stays, then we need some new ways of training troops quickly. Chasing looters in the late game isn't fun, and having big battles with lots of recruits isn't either.

Or the entire auto-calc mechanism needs a rework to stop Elite Cataphracts going down to a guy wearing a loincloth wielding a tablespoon.
That's not a good example, the AI don't farm looters as hard as player does, so it means player was getting better armies before . Anyway, the actual situation is far of be ideal, it must be some between point.

By the way the higher the armor of a unit the most should be the chance of just get wounded, its one of the purposes of armor and would balance the high infantry loses with each battle

Autoresolve took into account only looter rocks, not their weapons. That is why you could end up with 30 wounded up never any dead fighting them, rocks only do blunt damage. So it was a BUG that was fixed. If you find the result unbalanced, you can complain and ask for a rebalance. But that does not change the fact that a bug was fixed. Making the game more balanced by keeping bugs in the game is demented.
True but now it needs to be balanced. Not that much but they need to address the situation !

Even with just blunt damage though, they used to knock out a surprising amount of well upgraded units in those fights. Now that they do lethal damage, they definitely shouldn't be inflicting as many casualties as they do.

I'm playing with 10 Imperial Palatine Guards in my early-game party right now and the looters don't get anywhere near us. If I auto-calc, I lose like 4 out of 10 units because the game overvalues 30 looters. They get decimated before getting anywhere near us and then run because their morale breaks so quick... but the auto-calc doesn't simulate any of that. So now, the early game has slowed down so much because I must fight every stack manually.

In short, the aut-calc just needs to be tweaked a bit so that it's not still essentially the same punishing Warband auto-calc.

Back
Top Bottom