[Beta e1.2.0] Auto-Resolve needs a hotfix ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

It's important to remember that this affects the AI too. Battles are already oversaturated with recruits, and if the AI starts losing elite units to looters (they already do vs other bandits), then it's just going to weaken the AI even more. The player can always choose to fight battles manually and avoid losses (but waste time)... but the AI cannot.

I think looters were fine as they were, as the player rarely has armies entirely comprised of just recruits.

But if this stays, then we need some new ways of training troops quickly. Chasing looters in the late game isn't fun, and having big battles with lots of recruits isn't either.

Or the entire auto-calc mechanism needs a rework to stop Elite Cataphracts going down to a guy wearing a loincloth wielding a tablespoon.

There are at least 3 ways to train units with Perks and I assume many don't know them.

They are really lategame. 2hand Perk and Bow Perk as well as leadership. Those 3 should add up. With the current fixes the level up is faster for skills and I am already at bow 100 with lvl 10. Maybe I get to acutally see them this time.

Also getting troops with high relations makes things easier.

Best thing to do is doing quests with companions to increase relations and keep high security to get relation with NPC.

I believe the auto resolve change was completely 100% intentional. If you auto resolve to train troops up against looters that speeds up a lot of the training. However if you have to fight every single battle... that's a huge time sink. Which I think is what they're going for right now. The game is pretty bare bones so they want to slow people down with a grind, I imagine, as the end if is kind of... non existent.

Yeah i agree i like to auto resolve vs small groups of looters since its pointless loading into a battle with 100+ men vs 20 looters but losing like 8 high tier men forces me to fight every single battle now.

I believe the auto resolve change was completely 100% intentional. If you auto resolve to train troops up against looters that speeds up a lot of the training. However if you have to fight every single battle... that's a huge time sink. Which I think is what they're going for right now. The game is pretty bare bones so they want to slow people down with a grind, I imagine, as the end if is kind of... non existent.
I really hope they're not going with a mentality of trying to fill the void in this game by increasing the grind.

Don't you think that reducing the damage for the squad and for the player by 1/3 doesn't work anymore?

Gamersaufromage I agree, at the very least they should make it so that high tier units have lower chance of dying than low tier ones. Plus maybe a tweak to tactics skill to have a bigger effect on autocalc results, or to level faster.

Woopzilla autocalc should be punishing, you are deciding between the positive of fast battle and negative of bigger losses. You should not have tier5 units regularly dying to looters, but other than that balance tweak it is entirely expected that you will have noticeably more wounded in autocalc than a manual battle.

That's not a good example, the AI don't farm looters as hard as player does, so it means player was getting better armies before . Anyway, the actual situation is far of be ideal, it must be some between point.

By the way the higher the armor of a unit the most should be the chance of just get wounded, its one of the purposes of armor and would balance the high infantry loses with each battle
the ai was indeed farming looters hard af even more then me cuz it gets booring for me after a while ai doesnt get bored
also when ai gets jailed it spawns with alot of elite units... also ai spawns elite units out of its ass

autocalc should be punishing, you are deciding between the positive of fast battle and negative of bigger losses. You should not have tier5 units regularly dying to looters, but other than that balance tweak it is entirely expected that you will have noticeably more wounded in autocalc than a manual battle.
No.
The ONLY difference is that the battle plays out without a leader and the leader's perks. That is how the autocalc should function. Not punish because you want to escape stupid grind.

It its WAI right now, they should just remove auto-calc altogether. No one is going to risk (at any %, doesn't matter how small) losing a fully leveled troop to a fight to a handful of looters. Period. Everyone will just F1-F3 for guaranteed no loss/no wound victory and suffer through the loading screens, and be really annoyed at having to do so.

It simply takes too much time and effort (and money) to get back the lost troops.

No one used auto resolve in warband, no one will use auto resolve in bannerlord if this stays as is. So just remove it (and rework the tactics tree).

Either that or make "tactics skill (50) - looters can only wound in autocalc" and "tactics skill (125) - bandits can only wound in autocalc" and call it a day.

No.
The ONLY difference is that the battle plays out without a leader and the leader's perks. That is how the autocalc should function. Not punish because you want to escape stupid grind.

First of all, have you played any other game that has autoresolve? It is always punishing. It calculates the battle either purely on troop stats or it assumes a demented leader who dismounts his cavalry, puts archers to melee and then marches them all off a cliff.

Second, how do you imagine the battle will be calculated then? As though your troops were lead by the average AI lord with no perks?

Either that or make "tactics skill (50) - looters can only wound in autocalc" and "tactics skill (125) - bandits can only wound in autocalc" and call it a day.
I would be up for that. Maybe tweak the values to 60 and 100 given current lvl progression, but sure.

First of all, have you played any other game that has autoresolve? It is always punishing. It calculates the battle either purely on troop stats or it assumes a demented leader who dismounts his cavalry, puts archers to melee and then marches them all off a cliff.

Second, how do you imagine the battle will be calculated then? As though your troops were lead by the average AI lord with no perks?
Did you even read what I wrote? Stop wasting everyone's time.

I'm sure it was intentional because in Warband auto resolve didn't take into account troop size or what tier any combatants were, just numbers. You could take in 50 recruits against 25 elite level troops and end up winning which would normally be impossible. As a player in that game you learned 99% of the time it's just better to play the battles out. Personally, I consider battles to be fun and don't find it to be a grind. It's the meat of the game and if it's too much for some people then maybe Bannerlord isn't for them. That's just my opinion but I'm sure some modders will figure out how to overcome this like they did in Warband.

I'm sure it was intentional because in Warband auto resolve didn't take into account troop size or what tier any combatants were, just numbers. You could take in 50 recruits against 25 elite level troops and end up winning which would normally be impossible. As a player in that game you learned 99% of the time it's just better to play the battles out. Personally, I consider battles to be fun and don't find it to be a grind. It's the meat of the game and if it's too much for some people then maybe Bannerlord isn't for them. That's just my opinion but I'm sure some modders will figure out how to overcome this like they did in Warband.

A lot of people don't take a whole lot of enjoyment from loading into battle, running to an enemy, slaughtering half of them immediately and then watching the rest run while you run them down. Battles are fun, challenging, or at the very least some what challenging battles are fun. Slaughtering looters over and over again is both repetitive and unchallenging, I don't think that's the fault of the player and saying people who don't like such things shouldn't be interested in the game is just ridiculous. Change the way troops level or fix it, unchallenging boring content does not a good game make, especially when it has to be done again and again throughout all of your playtime.

A lot of people don't take a whole lot of enjoyment from loading into battle, running to an enemy, slaughtering half of them immediately and then watching the rest run while you run them down. Battles are fun, challenging, or at the very least some what challenging battles are fun. Slaughtering looters over and over again is both repetitive and unchallenging, I don't think that's the fault of the player and saying people who don't like such things shouldn't be interested in the game is just ridiculous. Change the way troops level or fix it, unchallenging boring content does not a good game make, especially when it has to be done again and again throughout all of your playtime.
I understand that, but what I'm saying is that's what TW thinks is the game loop for early - mid game. I enjoy it so it doesn't bother me I guess because I like to see what kinds of tactics work and what doesn't. Boring is a matter of opinion, and if you find fighting looters too easy look for more challenging targets. I personally think auto resolve shouldn't even be a thing, but that's just my opinion. Again if you want an easier way to auto loot look to mods because I don't see TW changing this because it seems like that's the way they want it, either way cheers.

I consider battles to be fun and don't find it to be a grind. It's the meat of the game and if it's too much for some people then maybe Bannerlord isn't for them
running an army of 500 to 10 looters is fun! 30 seconds to load 15 seconds for them to die 30 seconds to load out and repeat 2000 time wooooohoooo!

Looters are too OP now, but were stupidly bugged before. You could attack a band of 60 looters with 50 recruits, have 40 wounded and 0 dead. It made no sense and was only acceptable because it was necessary to train troops. They should scale looter dmg back a bit, to a point where they are about as deadly as recruits in autoresolve. If you pit 20 recruits vs 20 looters, you might barely win and lose 10 units (dead, not wounded). Together with that they of course need to add a another way of traning units (waiting in a training ground, whatever).
Looters attack with stones... Non deadly... I think that's a good design choice to put in the game.

Back
Top Bottom