Beta Branch Patch Notes e1.2.0

Users who are viewing this thread

If you have time to exchange words with a Lord, you got time to set up a rough formation before a battle.

You're busy talking to him so no time to dispatch orders xD

And somehow everyone else is not able to do it at all unless they dump focus into Tactics? Either it becomes worthless or mandatory. The whole concept of the Tactics tree is flawed and overlaps too heavily with Leadership and Steward. It's way too heavily geared toward autoresolve results which disincentives playing the actual game. Also, it's absolutely mandatory for companions leading parties as it is now. The whole thing needs to be rebuilt and rethought from the ground up or straight axed and replaced with something else entirely.

There are companions with already raised tactic skill so no need for grinding it for them Also it raises pretty quick when they lead parties and fight battles.
Another thing is tactic raises when You're giving orders while in battle so no autoresolve focus. As for perks needed for something. Nobody forces You to focus on this skill. If You prefer to go and break skulls yourself just do it. Except of not working perks I can't see any flaws in current skill system. If You see skill is useless for You don't bother raising it but after more than 100 hours in-game I can tel that all used skills are raising in quite short time. I know this system is not set for jack of all trades chars but I'm totally fine with it cause I hate this type of approach in games when You need to grind skills cause You can't live without them. Right now You can easily live without skills that seems boring to raise. And if You're already not using them You won't feel the difference if You grind them.

Does anyone know how to unlock weight & height sliders and such in the character creator since the patch? Dev console mod doesn't work anymore (as in, 'facegen.show_debug 1' doesn't work anymore). And the other mod that unlocks these options requires a "Fixed launcher" mod that is incompatible with 1.2.0. Does anyone know the new dev console command to unlock these sliders?

Yep, they will run away after the siege tower reaches the wall.
This only works approximately 25-50% of the time. ?
The best way to make them use it is to order the infantry to follow you and when they are staying right before the tower, order to charge. Or to use it yourself and continue to order them to follow you, which can be a suicide, so better to charge. Doesn't make the chances higher any way. Tested.
In my experience, if all the troops from the same type are already staying before the tower, which reached it's target, ordering to charge, either doesn't make them do anything or they finally attack. But the chances are not high. They run away only if the tower is not there yet.

Last edited:
Sooo thanks for the patch but...

I've read companions are supposed to be less expensive due to expensive equipment.
Thing is, in my current 1.2 game, I just met Selun the Alone in Onira, and she asks for more than 7 000 denars to hire her! I'm sad.
*EDIT: another one called Yana the Swift asked me for more than 11 000 !

Last edited:
You're busy talking to him so no time to dispatch orders xD

There are companions with already raised tactic skill so no need for grinding it for them Also it raises pretty quick when they lead parties and fight battles.
Another thing is tactic raises when You're giving orders while in battle so no autoresolve focus. As for perks needed for something. Nobody forces You to focus on this skill. If You prefer to go and break skulls yourself just do it. Except of not working perks I can't see any flaws in current skill system. If You see skill is useless for You don't bother raising it but after more than 100 hours in-game I can tel that all used skills are raising in quite short time. I know this system is not set for jack of all trades chars but I'm totally fine with it cause I hate this type of approach in games when You need to grind skills cause You can't live without them. Right now You can easily live without skills that seems boring to raise. And if You're already not using them You won't feel the difference if You grind them.

It's not that it's boring to raise. The problem is that it's useless if you play out battles and absolutely mandatory on companions that lead their own parties. It screws up the whole cunning stat line. It's just very poorly thought out and needs to be reworked so that it's useful in autoresolve and manual battles or else it should be scrapped.

It's not that it's boring to raise. The problem is that it's useless if you play out battles and absolutely mandatory on companions that lead their own parties. It screws up the whole cunning stat line. It's just very poorly thought out and needs to be reworked so that it's useful in autoresolve and manual battles or else it should be scrapped.

No, just no. This is your opinion and from what I gather one from the minority of players. I am sure you and other like minded individuals can make a mod to edit the skills the way you want them.

No, just no. This is your opinion and from what I gather one from the minority of players. I am sure you and other like minded individuals can make a mod to edit the skills the way you want them.

Totally agree. I like the current system and how You progress based on the way You play. Just make the perks work and it will be whole different.

No, just no. This is your opinion and from what I gather one from the minority of players.

The timer was removed for after you have made a choice to support a side. It keeps ticking if you haven't chosen to support a side.

We are working on a fix for that. It should come SoonTM.
it's a simple problem that resolves itself after 1 month in-game time give or take. I think that's related to the starting money not being set, so the economy starts as if there was none before. Maybe add a pre-set with RNG everytime the game starts anew so it doesn't look THAT weird.

So does this mean I can continue my 1.0.x savegame now more or less without problems or let's say "weirdness"? Did anybody try this? I am not complaining - happy to start a new game, just wanting to know.
I was able to, you should too, though I'd recommend restarting, because there were changes that don't seem to take effect on a old save (I've first tried the older save, than decided to restart, noticed quite a bit of change)

-----

New Feedback:

I think that Influence should be better explained at the beginning of the game (how it affects both nobles and mercenaries). Also, it's necessary to list all of the factors that can increase skills, currently it's kind of a guess work, some of the ways to increase certain skills are indeed listed, but by ploughing through the game I've noticed (and consequently learned) that many skills increase in kind of intuitive but not mentioned ways.

I'm also still struggling to understand how the "learning limit" thing works, it's quite difficult to guess which would be the most efficient way to distribute both attributes, and focus points. Current play I've ended up stacking everything into combat due to 3 reasons:
1- I've learned the hard way that many passive perks from non-combat trees are not working
2- The beginning is way too brutal in a way that you can barely deal with looters without using canon-fodder
3- The significance of the non-combat skills for early game is next to nil, and to increase them you must grind way too much, for that you must first survive bandits which kind of forces you into combat.

Currently the best way to play is pretty much like good ol'warband, go horse archer, win. Anything else is very difficult. And since I'm a "melee fanboy" I didn't, and I've struggled.

Now, even though I'm currently with 6 vigor and 4 focus points on 2-h, the speed at which it increases is incredibly slow. Does the system works like Warband on a snail back, or is it different? (in WB the amount of dmg would dictate how much the skill would increase).

Another skill that is too hard to level up is Smithing, it becomes a waiting game to click buttons, I'd say give us some weird mini-game that if we succeed we gain more skill points and increase the chances of a critical crafting.

Last edited:
it's a simple problem that resolves itself after 1 month in-game time give or take. I think that's related to the starting money not being set, so the economy starts as if there was none before
The economy bug on the beta branch was hotfixed yesterday. There was an issue with one of the town calculations. Your save may have needed some time to recover.

Has anyone seen any high tier body armor in shops? The best body armor i've seen is imperial mail with 32/12/12 or something like that. Other armor pieces do not seem as rare as I found imperial lamellar pauldrons, boots and gloves and some 40 armor helmets in quite a few towns. Clan tier 5 btw.

Has anyone seen any high tier body armor in shops? The best body armor i've seen is imperial mail with 32/12/12 or something like that. Other armor pieces do not seem as rare as I found imperial lamellar pauldrons, boots and gloves and some 40 armor helmets in quite a few towns. Clan tier 5 btw.
I think I did, but at more towards late game. Gotta check the tier of the current armor in one of my saves, if it's 5, then I definitely did because I've bought that armor.

There are a couple of threads about this (one of them mine) in the Singleplayer section of the forums, the overall conclusion :
High Tier Armour (like the one worn by T5+ troops and nobles) is so rare it can be considered as not in the game. When one is found, it's unclear if it was sold there by a Lord that looted it or if it was produced by a Town. There's also a comment from Callum saying that some armours are not available because they would make save games incompatible, it is unclear if he's talking about let's say for example : The body armour of Sturgian Veteran Warrior, or some armour not in the game at all.

Last edited:
There are a couple of threads about this (one of them mine) in the Singleplayer section of the forums, the overall conclusion :
High Tier Armour (like the one worn bu T5+ troops and nobles) is so rare it can be considered as not in the game. When one is found, it's unclear if it was sold there by a Lord that looted it or if it was produced by a Town. There's also a comment from Callum saying that some armours are not available because they would make save games incompatible, it is unclear if he's talking about let's say for example : The body armour of Sturgian Veteran Warrior, or some armour not in the game at all.
If I have time later today I'll add links to the threads and comment mentionned in this comment

I think it's not about armours that are not in the game yet cause they added a few new pieces in recent patches.

I think it's not about armours that are not in the game yet cause they added a few new pieces in recent patches.
If it's that, then I don't understand why some armours in the game never show up in the shops. The comment from Callum I linked is the most recent acknowledgement of the problem but that was for 1.0.9, I reckon it must just be on the back burner for now, thank you for your answer!

Last edited:
Game starts to crash often when i talk to bandits or looters and then initiate an attack after the dialogue, usually happens from placeholders dialogue to world map, and i just got another crash when i exited the tavern from the door in Vostrum.

Back
Top Bottom