Beta Branch Patch Notes e1.2.0

Users who are viewing this thread

My special 2H sledgehammer blunt-dmg polearm is now a falx with cut? ?
A215258C57406A0F4B4E8A3DB1E774F54B1D1370

Noticed this too. This is an Australia-tier bug. "You call that a sledgehamma'? THIS is a sledgehamma'!"

Seems like Looters are deadly in auto-calc now and will kill your units. Doesn't look like it was mentioned in the changelog.

Leveling troops seems a bit more tedious now since we don't have a training skill.

Seems like Looters are deadly in auto-calc now and will kill your units. Doesn't look like it was mentioned in the changelog.

Leveling troops seems a bit more tedious now since we don't have a training skill.

It's that bastard with the pitchfork, I just know it.
Sidenote, 1.1 took the tournament bolts away from Merc xbows so there's no real safe prisoner-taking unit tree anymore.

I've never seen such passion. i'll be an alpha tester as soon as that branch is available. :grin::party:

It seems they are patching stuff without even thinking of what the knock on effect is of these patches. Now that they've made caravans a bigger target its having some sort of effect on all cities going bankrupt and a constant lack of weapons now aswell.

Also they're patching stuff and not even telling us... case and point the auto resolve with looters is now killing my high tier units. I mean what they heck did they change to make that happen.

Getting a crash with this patch when I attempt to run away from a fight, leaving troops behind. Happens every time I try it.

I call it, the "being a little *****" crash.

Never mind stumbled on a rare bug. I loaded my previous beta 1.1.10 and when I loaded in the Module Mismatch Msg came up so I clicked load again. I lost all of my food and horses could not carry anything. Really strange.

Honestly this is EA at its worst. The constant nerfing is just annoying now when soo many other things are currently not working/implemented right with the game. Priorities don't seem right. Lack of communication doesn't seem right. Lack of updated information on what they are working on isn't right. They are not even using the beta build format correctly to test stuff out before it gets put on stable(caravan nerf). This will be on my back burners now for a long time. I'll stay in the back patiently keeping an eye on Bannerlord whilst waiting for CK3 to come out and do the basic concepts right

Will this patch automatically load once I start the game or do I have to manually download/install it?

its a beta (Alternative patch), so you need to make sure it is selected under beta tab on Steam (beta 1.2, and not any other version from the big list)

1.1.0 is the current main version which Steam handles for you (if you are not using beta).

Honestly this is EA at its worst. The constant nerfing is just annoying now when soo many other things are currently not working/implemented right with the game. Priorities don't seem right. Lack of communication doesn't seem right. Lack of updated information on what they are working on isn't right. They are not even using the beta build format correctly to test stuff out before it gets put on stable(caravan nerf). This will be on my back burners now for a long time. I'll stay in the back patiently keeping an eye on Bannerlord whilst waiting for CK3 to come out and do the basic concepts right

Clearly, this is not the worst EA experience that can be had. Many EA games do not nearly have the amount of updates that Bannerlord has had in the past few weeks and they are in far less polished states (Ark comes to mind). They are obviously working on stability and improvements along with gameplay balancing, as demonstrated by the notable performance improvements in the beta and the number of crash fixes. Most likely, they have separate teams working on different areas of the game in parallel. People are treating EA as a final release, when clearly they are using it to experiment with mechanics and balance changes, which is totally acceptable. Being part of EA means you are a guinea pig for what will be the most enjoyable version of the game at release.

Awful take.

You know how many EA games sit in development limbo with the creators doing absolutely nothing? God forbid that they release an update fixing a ton of stuff and improving performance for many, but the balance for caravans wasn't perfected so its a total waste with the wrong priorities?

Ridiculous

Siege towers still don't seem to work properly. If anything they seem to be working worse now? Previously the middle ladder would be almost always used. But now they seem even more glitchy?
bZUlu2e.png

Sounds like this caravan nerf was not a good fix. But... that's what the purpose of EA should be! Try stuff, see what works, see what breaks, do better next patch.

This stuff is iterative. Sometimes things need to be tweaked. Sometimes they need to be reverted. It's expected.

Feedback about why the change is bad and breaks the game is *useful* so they can fix it accordingly.

Sounds like this caravan nerf was not a good fix. But... that's what the purpose of EA should be! Try stuff, see what works, see what breaks, do better next patch.

This stuff is iterative. Sometimes things need to be tweaked. Sometimes they need to be reverted. It's expected.

Feedback about why the change is bad and breaks the game is *useful* so they can fix it accordingly.

Nah dude, don't you know Early Access is supposed to work perfectly? Screw that fact they are updating the game nearly every day and have actually made it for playable for a lot more people, I want the game perfect now -.-

After seeing so many Early Access titles waste away with no updates, this game is a refreshing change. Not a lot of communication by the devs but at least they are trying things and getting out patches

Back
Top Bottom