Beta Branch e1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

It is just recalculating levels from the experience you already had. Happens once for each skill after loading an old save.
From what I can tell, if the 1.1 beta had been available when you started that game, your 1h skill would have already been 81, and your athletics would have been 59. You aren't going to keep getting massive skill boosts due to some sort of bug. It's just that the amount of 1h/athletics/etc...exp you've gained is worth more skill points than it used to be, and the first time you utilize those skills in an old save will cause them to update to the 1.1 formulas.

thanks guys, seems legit - i seem to get the boost only once for each recently used skill. and it also looks like the boost was higher on skills that i used more extensively before

Just had a weird bug in the beta, was making charcoal and got over 1,000 skill points instead of 1, went from level 8 to 23 in an instant.

Just had a weird bug in the beta, was making charcoal and got over 1,000 skill points instead of 1, went from level 8 to 23 in an instant.
Aaah... if only people read more instead of asking people a thousand times in every threads without looking first for something similar as their situation discussed in the forums.

Found a bug in dialog menu when I wanted to speak about marrige. After a critical fail I loaded previous save before the dialog and my UI bugged so i cannot speak with any other NPC now and close the dialog menu. Only save reload helps.

I am using the beta build and the game runs a lot better with high quality and high performance. Here is something I noticed.
I turned off the music of the game and I noticed an boost in FPS and more stability. Using the beta build (and before the beta build) the music tracks would play over each other and cause problems with performance but after turning of the music their seems to be boost.
So developers you may want to look into audio problems that may persist.

for people crashing after the beta branch. Turn off your mods, beta branch is not to test mods, but to test the beta. You should also verify your games integrity through steam since some of the mods override the base game.

Also, why would anyone assume that their save game from the stable version of the game would work with the beta branch. About 90% of EA games that use beta branches, the save games between beta branch and stable branch are never compatible. That’s honestly just common sense and makes me sad that our community doesn’t understand doesn’t.

common sense seems to be more and more rare within these forums now a days and it’s truly sad considering half of the player population is grown adults.

is anyone else crashing every time they go to a bandit camp. is there anything i can do to fix this. it makes doing the main quest to get a kingdom impossible. figured it out a little bit. has to do with you going into your inventory. i would crash if i went into my inventory before the attack even waiting at the bandit camp. or i could not go into my inventory and then run threw the camp. get to the prisoner screen but when u go to the invintory screen the game crashes. happened every time for me now

New campaign with mods seems to have worked for me. I did that the first time, unsure why it is fine now - Beta life.

Also, why would anyone assume that their save game from the stable version of the game would work with the beta branch
All they did was reading the fixes and the patch content while skipping the ''The beta branch will include content that has gone through our internal testing and will be exposed to public testers for at least one week. During this period, we will address discovered issues with hotfixes. Our goal is a weekly cycle where we push our internal version to the beta and the prior beta version to the main Steam build.'' part. Or they simply don't have a good enough grasp of english and didn't understand it.

I feel that exp is gained way too fast in the beta. My new character has already passed the halfway mark on bow and horse in less then a half hour....

I rather like the skill gain, it actually makes sense considering you are hiring companions with 3x the skill points as you for 1000 denars, while you are basically dead weight. When you couple this with the supposed generational mechanic when that becomes available/working, this should make character development interesting and less of a slog.

If they achieve a better balance between renown, fief management, economy, clan, family/generation, and skill development then you'll need to be concerned with 6 aspects/resources and none of them, frankly, should feel like a slog, just as long as there is challenge elsewhere. But I'm a huge proponent of giving choice to the player, and frankly hate when people try to lobby for a 'my way is the only way', so maybe down the line they can offer a slider for experience gain to the various other sliders available.

Back
Top Bottom