Beta Branch e1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

If you updated to 1.1.0 then loaded an old save from a previous version that was modded.....it's definitely not going to work. You have way too many possibilities for conflicting data and code that doesn't exist anymore.

If you want to test 1.1.0 start a new game.
Works for me. It depends on the mod. I think some mods are running scripts constantly that causes problems.

Strangely mine did recalculate immediately upon loading my save (or immidately after i started marching)
If this is the case then skill levels should be recalculated immediately after load, and not later when the player happens to use the skill, because that may happen at any distant moment in the future.

And until then the skill experience display shows strange (but probably accurate) numbers, with negative xp for your low level skills and huge accumulated xp for your higher level skills:

It recalculates when you use the skill. So it recalculated your Riding or Athletics when you marched.
What I mean is that it should recalculate all skills immediately after load, so the xp display is consistent.

Anyone else feels like combat is... easier?

And I don't mean the blocking, I still suck at that, but when doing tournament, shield+sword vs shield+sword, I feel like hitting the opponents is easier than it was before.

Two days ago it was a tense back and forth I wouldn't necessarily win. Now I feel like the opponent are all considerably slower, enough that I can breeze through melee tournament with a two handed.

I'm not complaining, but I would like to see if other people have noticed this.
Did I get that good in two days?

Yes I observed it too. I won the tournament easily on second try with my low level character. First time ever I beat Imperial Legionary in a duel in final round, normally my low level, low armor character couldn't handle him.

It recalculates when you use the skill. So it recalculated your Riding or Athletics when you marched.
What I mean is that it should recalculate all skills immediately after load, so the xp display is consistent.

Yes I observed it too. I won the tournament easily on second try with my low level character. First time ever I beat Imperial Legionary in a duel in final round, normally my low level, low armor character couldn't handle him.
That’s probably intended behavior. In 1.1.0 proficiency of combat AI depends on an actual skill for the selected weapon while in 1.0.10 it was based on overall level of the character. So in 1.0.10 a Willowbark without any points in combat section was going to fight just like Swordsman of the same level with the only difference being their damage output. However, in 1.1.0 there is a huge difference between them, so you can clearly tell who’s the real fighter here.

On my save I cannot enter any battle, whether it be in an open field or during a siege. As soon as the battle begins, or I click "Begin Assault" in the siege the game freezes and crashes. I have tried with safe mode, and verified the file integrity also to no avail. If I try the same save (before saving it as 1.1.0) on 1.0.10 it works fine.

Every battle I join is a crash for me. Sieges, enemy lords. Only looters etc dont crash. @Callum
Yep exact same issue for me.

Last edited:
Maybe when I restart a campaign I'll enable the beta... but would be so nice to be able to run these side-by-side. For now, my stuff hasn't snowballed and I'm just trying to "finish" my current campaign :/

@Callum Not sure if anyone else reported this, but after opting into the beta branch, whenever I access my inventory, on the left hand window pane that's normally blank and reserved for discarded items, I have access to 10 of every item in the entire game. It's not game breaking but I'm sure it's not intended for someone to have access to any item they want for free. I tried starting a new game and it appears to be exposed in those games as well. Just wanted to put it on your radar. Thank you!

@Callum Not sure if anyone else reported this, but after opting into the beta branch, whenever I access my inventory, on the left hand window pane that's normally blank and reserved for discarded items, I have access to 10 of every item in the entire game. It's not game breaking but I'm sure it's not intended for someone to have access to any item they want for free. I tried starting a new game and it appears to be exposed in those games as well. Just wanted to put it on your radar. Thank you!

Turn cheat mode off.

Stop right there, criminal scum!

I mean
Cheat mode, man. Turn it off :grin:

@flavberg thanks for the quick reply. Didnt even realize I had it on still. Was using it during earlier versions to tone down the random war declarations when factions were declaring war randomly when they were outnumbered 5-1

So have a possible fix for those that cannot click resume game or load saves from trying the patch and reverting, or not being able to save load any saves

This will be a couple steps so I'll try to explain clearly.

1. Disable steam cloud synchronisation You can do this by going into the game properties by right clicking it from your game library in steam, and clicking on updates and unchecking the box
  2. Second step I did was remove all current saves from my saves folder in C:\Users\User\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves\Native and paste them in a seperate folder on my desktop.
After this I rebooted the game and created a new campaign save to test and see if I would still CTD. It worked and I exited. I then pasted some older saves from before the new beta patch back into the save folder and was able to load them and continue.

Let me know if this works for you and anything you might be able to add or test

Waiting for the day when One Step Ahead perk would be implemented. Ground my ass off for that one perk only to find it isn't working yet. *Cries in 2 F3 F3 F1 F1 and 1 F3 F2 F1 F1 loop*

Haha gold 2005 youtube wilderness stuff right there
This actually describes nearly every playtrough I had. Golden combination btw.

Any chance that "Leveling up your character decreases your skill learning rate for all skills" (see this thread)
issue gets fixed in the Beta?
(I checked current Beta and it is still present)

It incentivizes the player to not gain any experience in skills that are not absolutety necessary, because gaining them potentially increases the cost to level up the skills that are more important.

Or at least a word from developers, whether this is intented to work that way, would be nice.

Last edited:
For some reason the game thinks that having a bunch of imperial trained infantry makes the "infantry" unit count as archers and pressing F6 groups them with the archers

Back
Top Bottom