Beta Branch with Telemetry Tools

Users who are viewing this thread

We have just opened another beta branch with additional telemetry tools that will help us understand and fix more complicated performance issues. If you are experiencing performance issues at any stage of the game and would like to help us resolve it, you can:
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where there are performance issues
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding “right shift” and pressing the “t” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the ‘\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client’ folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration.
Thank you!

We have just opened another beta branch with additional telemetry tools that will help us understand and fix more complicated performance issues. If you are experiencing performance issues at any stage of the game and would like to help us resolve it, you can:
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where there are performance issues
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding “right shift” and pressing the “t” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the ‘\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client’ folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration.
Thank you!
where is the feedback that recording has started or ended?!?!?

edit: seems there is a small popup iin in game battles.

I have a 1.8 gb capture (approx 30 seconds). But cannot send it thru the portal. Plz help.

Last edited:
Thank you!

I'm on a higher end OMEN gaming laptop. One of my issues with the game is heat. I'm not sure if this recording will help. Is there any kind of info I could gather or report that might help you address heat? I'm thinking I just need to renew the thermopaste etc... It's a brandnew refurb though so should be good.... it is only this game that runs that hot and I've pondered if the beta nature of it might be related to excess use of resources/heat generation. It could also just be that this game at full spec creates heat (no solution possible for laptop, more of a box-machine game etc.)....

Cheers and keep up the good work.

I'm on a higher end OMEN gaming laptop. One of my issues with the game is heat. I'm not sure if this recording will help. Is there any kind of info I could gather or report that might help you address heat? I'm thinking I just need to renew the thermopaste etc... It's a brandnew refurb though so should be good.... it is only this game that runs that hot and I've pondered if the beta nature of it might be related to excess use of resources/heat generation. It could also just be that this game at full spec creates heat (no solution possible for laptop, more of a box-machine game etc.)....

Cheers and keep up the good work.
Hi, can you check the FPS of the game? Vsync is not enabled by default and if your FPS is too high, that may be the reason of the high hardware usage. Sorry for your inconvenience.

How big is too big?
It varies depending on the connection. However, the bigger your file, the more likely it is that an issue with connectivity occurs - which can break the upload. We are looking into improving that on our end. In the meantime we recommend that people who run into issues try with shorter recordings (10-20 seconds).

It varies depending on the connection. However, the bigger your file, the more likely it is that an issue with connectivity occurs - which can break the upload. We are looking into improving that on our end. In the meantime we recommend that people who run into issues try with shorter recordings (10-20 seconds).

It appears that the perf test branch doesn't have the hot fixes, as kingdom creation was still broken when I tried to do it while on that build.

Can we get the performance test functionality on the build that you guys update so we can stay on it and use it?

Back
Top Bottom