Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:
Hello,

After some time playing in beta branch 1.8.0 I wanted to share my observations and possible bug reports. My save was started in 1.6.0 apparently, when trying to launch beta I was reminded of that. Had to rollback my game version to 1.7.0 and make new saves before launching 1.8.0. No problems here, just reporting my saves' origins. I played most of this save in version 1.7.0 recently and since it was unmodded I decided to give 1.8.0 beta a try.

Report 1
I am with Aserai. I used to get Onira town about three times, as my clan had no fiefs, but I finally lost it completely, never getting chance to fortify it, getting targetted in every war. Some time has passed, I licked my wounds, rebuilt my army when Aserai declared war on Khuzaits. They were weakened then, and we took them by storm. First we got Odokh, which was granted to me. That was rather obvious, I had no fiefs at the time. However, soon after we also took Simira Castle and Erzenur Castle simultanously. One army was at Simira, and my own army was at Erzenur. I got them both again. Some time has passed and we also took Akiser Castle, Hakkun Castle and Ortongrad. They were all granted to me, even though I did not take part in any of these latest sieges. At this point we made peace with Khuzaits, as we need to focus on new war with Northern Empire.

I have a save Sarr76 at this point of the game, but I don't see how to attach it.

Report 2

At one point Simira Castle in my possession was sieged. I predicted it and was there before the siege started, to join the defenders. We were outnumbered, but I felt confident we can win, especially after we built 4 catapults on the walls.

The battle was very, very weird. Khuzaits built battering ram and two siege towers, but none of them reached its destination. After some initial fire exchange all Khuzait troops ran to the camp and got off the map, their morale broken. What is interesting is that at this point the new troops stopped attacking. Instead, they created a shield circle next to their camp, and had a small bunch of archers next to it. I had to ride out. These archers were completely shut off, they didnt even attack me. To finish the battle I had to open the gates and march my whole army down. The AI of both sides was completely botched. My melee troops wanted to face the castle, not the attacking army, and when told to charge, started running towards the castle. I had to order them in line , and force them to face the enemy circle.

To get the enemy circle broken I had to run around it, picking soldiers off one by one. This seemed to snap some of them out of coma, and they started running towards my troops, who slowly killed them. Without archers it all would be impossible as my melee troops were slow to react even when attacked in close quarters. It was pretty much up to me and archers to get rid of the shield wall circle of doom.

I have a save Sarr69, just before that siege. Maybe you will be able to reproduce it, but I don't see how to attach files to the thread.

How to Reproduce:
Described above

Have you used cheats and if so which:
No

Scene Name (if related):
Simira Castle

Media (Screenshots & Video):
n/a

Computer Specs:
n/a

Hey, you can create a ticket on our website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Thank you, I just did that and logged bugs.

No worries about inconvenience. I just became the biggest landowner in Calradia in a span of few in-game months. It just didn't feel like I earned it :wink:

Hey,
Report 2
At one point Simira Castle in my possession was sieged. I predicted it and was there before the siege started, to join the defenders. We were outnumbered, but I felt confident we can win, especially after we built 4 catapults on the walls.
i tried to reproduce the issue with your save file but the army kept pushing after the tower and ram got destroyed. They assulted the walls via ladders and eventually won the siege. I will ask the design team about the fief elections. Thank you for your time.

Hey, after dicussing the fief election issue with the design team, it seems there is nothing against the intended design here. If the player score is high, they can be shown as a candidate even if they were not at the siege and get the election. If this is a continuous problem and you are being granted every conquered settlement or castle, please let me know.

Hey, thanks for checking everything. Curious about that siege battle, if I ever see something like this happen again I will create a separate ticket and try to take more screenshots.

As for fiefs, I can confirm that when I continued my playthrough, I received Onira on top of all the Khuzait settlements I had. However after another settlement was taken (Melion Castle I believe) it went to another clan so it looks like this explanation is plausible. Looks like all this time spent winning tournaments and doing quests for villages and lords paid off.

Hey,

i tried to reproduce the issue with your save file but the army kept pushing after the tower and ram got destroyed. They assulted the walls via ladders and eventually won the siege. I will ask the design team about the fief elections. Thank you for your time.

Now that I think about it a little more, I have an idea what could have happened in that particular siege. Is it possible that besides catapults destroying both the tower and the ram, they scored some lucky shots killing a lot of troops + archers adding even more kills, and completely broke their morale? And when new replacement waves arrived they didn't have enough troops/morale to continue attack. In which case the AI triggered guard mode and decided to hug their camp. Problem was that even though we were apparently winning I couldn't "Retreat" because I would lose, so I had to ride out to finish the job.

Hey, the AI did not build any tower in the multiple attemps i tried. They charged untill they took the castle or did a full retreat. I assume this was a rare timing event that i failed to reproduce. If you encounter the issue again please try to capture a video of it and send it to me via Ticket.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom