Resolved [Beta 1.6.2] Wrong "default mode" for weapon stats is selected in compare

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:
When a weapon has more than one mode, e.g. one handed, two handed, throwing, spear brace etc, using the mouse-over mechanic the stats for its "default mode" are shown. For javelins that default mode is throwing. However, when you use the mouse-over on a javelin in your inventory, the weapon stats for the equipped javelin are those for a one handed polearm and NOT the ones for the throwing weapon.

Additionally, when comparing weapons with more than one usage mode, it would be nice if the data for the equipped weapon would mirror the mode you select for the item in your inventory, if possible, or give a message that this usage mode is not available for the equipped weapon.
How to Reproduce:
a) equip a standard javelin, e.g. a javelin bought from a store or obtained via combat
b) forge a javelin.
c) go to inventory screen and use the mouse-over display on the equipped javelin. It will show the stats for the throwing weapon.
d) use the mouse-over display on the unequipped javelin. It will show the stats for the throwing weapon for the unequipped javelin but the one-handed polearm stats for the equipped javelin.

I will upload a save file once I post the thread.
Have you used cheats and if so which:
No
Scene Name (if related):
Inventory screen
Media (Screenshots & Video):
mouse-over for the equipped javelin
mouse-over in compare mode for the unequipped javelin
Computer Specs:
see signature

Came here to report the same thing. It also happens with crafted items - I got worried when they showed significantly lower stats in the inventory than on the crafting screen.

Yeah... that is also the "problem" with selling two handed weapons that can also be used in the one handed mode. The price will be made according to the lower one handed stats as that is the "default mode" if both modes are available.
I therefore have restricted myself to forge one weapons that can only be used in two handed weapon mode when I am going to the smithy to make money.

Back
Top Bottom