In Progress [Beta 1.6.0] Cant control troops after enemies retreat

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: my men dont take orders after the enemy retreats. I cant even select them, by using the numbers buttons after this.
How to Reproduce: Go in a battle and then wait for the enemy to retreat. It never works after that for me, since beta 1.6.0 ( i think this happened also in 1.5.10, as some other have reported)
Have you used cheats and if so which: none
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs: See my signature
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

I also have the same problem with 1.6.0, overall i think patch is looking nice but this one thing is annoying, also i had a bug when i was fighting with looters, that they were quite literally in the ground in the river (i dont know if it matters but it was the map with a wooden bridge in forest), this was really weird, they were untouchable but by looking on the water you could see they try to move, adly i dont know how to reproduce that.

See this thread:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...once-enemy-start-to-flee-battle-field.442649/
It's actually a feature you didn't know you needed.
Christ..

First of all, it doesnt work, even how he explains it.

Secondly, IF it actually worked, there is no indication of this being a "feature" and that the player has control of half the troops.

Third, this is absurdly ****ty design and should be changed. Either back to the old, or at least, reworked to make sense.

@MArdA TaleWorlds Hopefully, you have read the feedback on the other thread, and here, and will make this point abundantly clear to the developers.

EDIT: So i read the above linked thread fully, and came to understand that the fact that some troops are cheering is indeed a feature. I vaguely remember *some* troops doing this, in playing earlier versions, but im almost certain that cavalry never stopped and cheered. This might be because i always set my cav to the "charge" command.

Still i consider it a bug, that i have no control of half the troops, because i cant even select the supposedly non-cheering troops, after the enemy is starting to flee. The selection cards are not available, and the command wheel is not showing up.

So no, this is not a feature. The actual feature of some troops cheering seems to have been broken from the start though, since i remember the fact that cavalry in charge command, would always chase stragglers down, so the cheer "feature" was overridden. So I would advise whomever this concerns, to actually test this and get to the bottom of it (if i can do it, without cheats and dev tools, you guys have no excuse to not test and identify this), because it clearly doesnt work now, and it probably didnt work as intended before.

Last edited:
This bug is still active 4 months later, you have your troops on stand ground to defend, the enemy routs and you go to order your troops to pursue and run them down, but the menu won't even appear when you press the number keys. It's really frustrating suddenly losing command - they should at least auto-charge.

Back
Top Bottom