Beta 1.5 Archery

Users who are viewing this thread

Here are all the changes made that affect archer directly. (Sorry if I missed any)
(General)
  • Made bows a bit less accurate when released instantly (This won't affect AI too much. Will make it harder (but not impossible) for players to hit feet or around shields.)
  • Multiplayer Only:
    • Made bows inaccurate earlier when drawn out for a time. (This will make it make the window of perfect accuracy smaller. Early Accuracy will be slightly better if the bow was readied before.)
    • Made bows more inaccurate when moving.
(Aserai)
Veteran
  • Price is increased from 150 to 160.
(Empire)
Palatine Guard
  • Price is increased from 150 to 160.
(Khuzait)
Steppe Bow
  • Fast Arrows perk is changed to Strong Arrows perk.
Mounted Archer
  • Default Arrow count is increased from 25 to 32,
  • Extra Arrows perk increased from 40 to 50.
  • Default Horse Speed value is increased from 37 to 39, Maneuver is increased from 60 to 64 and additional HP value is increased from -30 to -20.
  • Faster Horse perk Speed value is increased from 40 to 41.
  • Tougher Horse perk Speed value is increased from 37 to 38, and additional HP value is increased from 0 to 5.
(Sturgia)
Hunter
  • Armour value is increased from 6 to 10.
(Vlandia)
Sharpshooter
  • Price is increased from 140 to 160.
Now My Opinion: I Enjoy or Think every single price increase is good and justified have 0 issues with it. The Sturgia Hunter buff is good and it needed it.The Khuzait buffs to steppe bow is good, And the big buffs to Mounted archer are good.

Now on the General changes: I enjoy the fact they are less accurate while moving it makes the weird **** people were able to do less common, I also really like the change when you take out your bow its less accurate its a good change. Also Idk if I missed it but there was a change to how long your now able to hold a bow before you could hold angels for 10-15 seconds before having to readjust ur bow because the acc wouldn't change so thats a good change. The Change where your less accurate and essentially have to wait for your bow to get to full accuracy is a good change instead of having 100 percent accuracy all the time. The issue I have is the numbers seem to be a tiny bit bigger then what they probably should be. The Accuracy penalty you have when just have to wait for your bow to zone in and aim it can take 2 seconds to get to actual perfect accuracy which is a tiny bit extreme imo. But the fundamental changes are good I think the numbers need to be slightly reduced because its in beta they are likely meant to be extreme so they can tone down rather then up which I get. But yeah it roughly takes 2 seconds of you holding ur bow for it to get a big penality on accuracy which I think should be 3 seconds then its good. Because ATM its actually faster to get a penality to acc then Warband I think. The changes are really good and fundamentally are what Archery should be but just some slight number adjustments need to be made cause atm it feels a little extreme to me but overall, Goodjob!!!

I think the changes are good except i would say the accurate shot timer should be decreased again and time to get to the accurate shot should be decreased slightly, i felt like i still had to much time to hold a shot and aim.

I agree with what you said in our private convos Hancock. I feel that the mechanics regarding archery are in a great place now, they just need to make some slight tweaks to the formula to perfect the balance.

Also i still think there needs to be more arrow drop, it still feels like im shooting lasers

I agree with OP. I am hearing from a lot of people that Archery is now to OP but I think Archery is where it should be now. If you bring back the old throwing speed but keep the amount of throwing weapons from 1.5. less people should complain. TW did a good job with the Archers at least after testing it for a day now. I will probably have to fight several competitive Matches to say more.
Edit: Cavs need bigger shields.

Most of the changes are good, but I'm not a fan of the slower shots. From my timing it's around 2 seconds between accurate shots now, which is painfully slow. Forcing archers to have 0.5 actions-per-second is pretty bad.

Most of the changes are good, but I'm not a fan of the slower shots. From my timing it's around 2 seconds between accurate shots now, which is painfully slow. Forcing archers to have 0.5 actions-per-second is pretty bad.
Yeah me 2 its really weird and im not to big of a fan of 2 seconds to get to full acc seems a tiny bit extreme.

Back
Top Bottom