Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Adrivan

Sergeant at Arms
Summary: I started a new campaign in the 1.5.7 beta after a long break of several months. Immediately I noticed that when i click on any screens in the campaign map (like Inventory, Party, Character, etc.), it takes quite a long time for these screens to open, and then again it takes a long time to close (3-4 seconds to open, and 3-4 seconds to close). Last time I played (on same PC), these screens were opening in 1 second max.
How to Reproduce
: normal campaign, nothing special

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Super
GPU Driver Version: 457.30
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus Prime B450-Plus
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD (1 TB, 7200 rpm)

Having the same issue! Tried the 1.5.6 first but but the stuttering on the campaign map was to much for me. Saw improvements to that in 1.5.7, still some stutter. But theses long wait times during the different screens makes it unplayable for me.

Running v1.5.7 and experiencing campaign map stuttering, worst than v1.5.6
I lowered all settings and running no mods, no change.

Yes i'm having the some problem and lowering the settings doens't fix it.

Computer specs:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 Ti
GPU Driver Version: 461.09
CPU: Intel Core i7-10750H
RAM: 12 GB
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD 1 TB

Having the same issue! Tried the 1.5.6 first but but the stuttering on the campaign map was to much for me. Saw improvements to that in 1.5.7, still some stutter. But theses long wait times during the different screens makes it unplayable for me.
Reverse for me - 1.56 stuttered a little, 1.57 stutters a lot.

I SOLVED IT THIS WAY: 1 - I uninstalled Bannerlord from steam 2 - then reinstalled the main 1.5.6 (inside SSD, and not HDD.. - i think this was what solved the problem) and works perfectly on my laptop (no stuttering). 3 - then i installed 1.5.7 beta and somehow started to run smoothly...

Good Luck you all

While I agree that moving it to an SSD would be an improvement, the problem I'm signaling here has to do with the fact that I had much better loading times in previous versions (while running it on the same HDD). So basically I just wanted to point out that performance has gone down with the latest patch.

Hello, we have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can find more info about it here.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Last edited:
How can this be solved when there wasn`t a patch fixing the problem and several threads with the same issue are still open?

Here:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/performance-decrease-since-beta-1-5-6.436471/

1.5.6 is unplayable even 6 weeks after release.
The reason this post was marked "Resolved" is because there was no answer.
As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.
The thread you linked is being inspected by the devs. And this whole thing is why we "Resolve" unresponding issues, to prevent duplicates.

Sorry for not providing the info in time. The team is probably already aware, but the issue seem to be present only when playing the game on a hard disk. I moved it today to an NVMe SSD (Samsung 970 evo plus) and the lag is gone.

Hello, thank you for reporting back. I am glad the problem is solved. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Back
Top Bottom