Resolved Beta 1.5.5 Cannot take fiefs with you when you tell a lord to release you of your duty

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

aG3NTo

Recruit
I do not know in which recent patch this got changed or if it is a bug.

You have no longer the option if you are a vassal of a kingdom and ask your faction leader to be released from your duty, to take either the fiefs with you (and start a war immediatly and piss them off) or to just revoke all fiefs and suffer the -20 relation penalty.

You can also no longer press the "Leave Kingdom" Button, which had the same effect.

If this is intended, please think about the following:

You cannot create an army if you have not created your own faction. You cannot create your own faction without an own fief (castle or town), that means you are stuck as a clan without fiefs and therefore the whole kingdom creation process is shut down.

Without an own faction you can also not even try to conquer a castle for yourself unless you have to be super lucky that you conquer a town or castle that has very low defense ( your own party has to conquer it, because you cannot call your other faction parties, because clans without kingdom cannot form an army).

It is sad i had to use the cheat menu to create my own kingom.

This was possible in older versions of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Attack a weak castle, if you got it yourself as a vassal you can take out the defenders, except the natural garrison. Speed attack it with a big army. If you clan tier is at least 4 you should be able to take either one of your own or a recently captured one. Once you have it, immediately form your own kingdom. Use your family members for buffer armies and unless its in a good position, abandon the castle. Now with a 600+ army with your family members, you should be able to defeat just about any castle given it haven't had unnatural high growth. And build from there. Declare peace if you must and take time to build up your influence. Pick Kingdom perks to help you like Royal guard +40 or 60 Party size for The king (You) And + 15 members for clan leaders (ALso you) And you can easily lead a 300 man squad. You may have to have some big coffers before this but, once you do, you can still very much form your own kingdom from scratch.

With a new personal perk, you can have 4 extra armies in your clan, +1 from the three earlier meaning your brother all siblings and your wife can lead armies.

If you still struggle you can always reduce difficulty if you aren't already playing on a easier one. On the easiest difficulty your army, unless they glitch heavily should be able to smash just about any other army easily.

Last edited:
Attack a weak castle, if you got it yourself as a vassal you can take out the defenders, except the natural garrison. Speed attack it with a big army. If you clan tier is at least 4 you should be able to take either one of your own or a recently captured one. Once you have it, immediately form your own kingdom. Use your family members for buffer armies and unless its in a good position, abandon the castle. Now with a 600+ army with your family members, you should be able to defeat just about any castle given it haven't had unnatural high growth. And build from there. Declare peace if you must and take time to build up your influence. Pick Kingdom perks to help you like Royal guard +40 or 60 Party size for The king (You) And + 15 members for clan leaders (ALso you) And you can easily lead a 300 man squad. You may have to have some big coffers before this but, once you do, you can still very much form your own kingdom from scratch.

With a new personal perk, you can have 4 extra armies in your clan, +1 from the three earlier meaning your brother all siblings and your wife can lead armies.

If you still struggle you can always reduce difficulty if you aren't already playing on a easier one. On the easiest difficulty your army, unless they glitch heavily should be able to smash just about any other army easily.

Thanks, a weak castle works, but as of now, if you leave a kingdom you cannot create armies, because you are a clan, not a kingdom.
So your party has to defeat a weak castle, single handedly. No parties of your clan and no kingdom decision modifiers that you suggest work here.

That is a small solution for a design flaw.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I usualy upload a save file when i create issues here.

Haha i found out, you cannot leave a kingdom when you are in an army! When i disband my army and am in my own party, the button to leave a kingdom is now pressable again and i can chose between "keep all holdings and relinquish all holdings".

So i guess now the only question is why cant you do that when facing a lord. But i would not consider it a bug anymore.

This still leaves the issue of not being able to command the parties in your clan without being apart of a faction. Say you join a faction to build your clan tier up and then want to leave without taking any fiefs so you don't angering the faction you just help to build and strengthen. You still can't bring the parties in your clan together to attack a weaker faction in order to gain control of a fief and start your own kingdom. Having to deplete the garrison of a fief you own before you leave that faction just to hurry up and take it back and declare yourself a kingdom is pretty weak. It seems silly that the parties in my clan who only swear fealty to me at that moment would cease to follow my command to join up in battles or sieges.

Back
Top Bottom