e1.5.2
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Adryl

Regular
Summary:
As of the new beta 1.5.2 branch today, I've suddenly started getting crashes during siege combat.

How to Reproduce:
The crash seems to occur when the secondary gate is breached (after the battering ram destroys the main gate). I confirmed this by pulling back my troops after the battering ram took down the main gate and the crash did not occur.

I'm fighting Khuzait in Rhesos Castle with an army about 600 against their 400 (with the battle size scaled down to the min at 200 to reduce performance problems). The crash has happened on every siege I've done since moving to e1.5.2 (two different castles and one settlement), so it's not isolated.

As for the siege process, I build 2 siege towers and one battering ram and begin the siege, and at some point after I've gone up the siege towers onto the walls (around the time when the secondary gate is breached from the ram crew), the game just suddenly freezes and then crashes. It's not like any other crashes I've seen so far in that I'm not even given the option to save the crash dump or write a report. The whole app just disappears and I'm back at my desktop.

I've been playing for ~125 hours on 1.5.0 and then beta 1.5.1 without ever having this type of crash, so it definitely appears to be related to e1.5.2.

Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 1660 Super
CPU: core i7
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: MSI
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Last edited:
Uploaded, thank you! I put this in the description but I'm not sure if it made it through (the description cleared during upload):

The way to consistently replicate is to load the save, select "Lead Assault," go up the left siege tower with the first wave of your troops, and fight on the walls. It seems to occur consistently when I'm on the walls and the timing is around when the second gate is broken through by the ram crew. However, if I stand with the ram crew, the crash does not consistently occur. Also if I just stand in the back of the battle and do nothing, the crash does not seem to occur. It only seems consistent when I'm actually up on the walls fighting when the second gate is breached.

I have an update on this: I think I saw specifically today what might be happening. I sieged with one tower and battering ram. I've been finding that the game doesn't seem to crash when I'm with the ram crew, so I stay with them and do not go up the siege towers. So this time, we broke the main gate with the ram, but the secondary gate was already open. One of my troops must have come around from the siege tower crew and opened it (I guess). So I ran through and started hacking. The enemy army then closed the secondary gate, and the game crashed almost immediately afterwards.

So it looks like it may be crashing when (or soon after) one of your own troops opens the secondary gate from the inside, then it gets closed again by the enemy.

I am having the same problem only that it crashes immediately when I enter the siege. Also only just started with 1.5.3. I uploaded the save file to the link above.

Last edited:
I am having the same problem only that it crashes immediately when I enter the siege. Also only just started with 1.5.3. I uploaded the save file to the link above.
Hello, i have received the save file and forwarded it to the QA team. Thank you for your time.

Hello, we recreated the scene with the save file but couldn't reproduce the crashes. Are you still experiencing the crashes after the latest hotfix? If so please let me know.

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Back
Top Bottom