Resolved Beta 1.5.10 Can't issue commands once enemy start to flee battle field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
You can open a thread regarding this on the suggestion board. I am just forwarding information that is forwarded to me.
But somewhere along the line the information being forwarded were the wrong one, as this is not about the thing you talk about in reply #4. This is about orders not even being available to the player once the enemy starts fleeing (as in the interface with the icons for the orders are not even showing up when you press any F or number keys, like it would normally. And that to me and obviously everyone else posting in the thread seems like a clear bug. This means that if you do not have a charge order set to at least your mounted formations BEFORE the enemy starts fleeing, you can forget any hope of actually killing any enemy fleeing other than what you can catch yourself personally.

But somewhere along the line the information being forwarded were the wrong one, as this is not about the thing you talk about in reply #4. This is about orders not even being available to the player once the enemy starts fleeing (as in the interface with the icons for the orders are not even showing up when you press any F or number keys, like it would normally. And that to me and obviously everyone else posting in the thread seems like a clear bug. This means that if you do not have a charge order set to at least your mounted formations BEFORE the enemy starts fleeing, you can forget any hope of actually killing any enemy fleeing other than what you can catch yourself personally.

Exactly. The bug we're asking you to confirm is that the orders are no longer available once the enemy starts fleeing.

You can open a thread regarding this on the suggestion board. I am just forwarding information that is forwarded to me.

If this is a "new design choice for 1.5.10, shouldn't it been in the patch notes?" And if it is a new design choice for 1.5.10, someone need a giant boot some place :sad:

Yeah, this "change" makes the game completely un-fun. I am sitting in battles with cavalry selected, waiting for just before I think the enemy routs to issue the charge command. I can't be out there fighting if I want to actually destroy the enemy. I haven't fought any large battles yet in this new playthrough, but I imagine it will be awful. As everyone else is saying, I think you reported the wrong thing to QA, the disabling of control might actually be a bug.

Yeah, this "change" makes the game completely un-fun. I am sitting in battles with cavalry selected, waiting for just before I think the enemy routs to issue the charge command. I can't be out there fighting if I want to actually destroy the enemy. I haven't fought any large battles yet in this new playthrough, but I imagine it will be awful. As everyone else is saying, I think you reported the wrong thing to QA, the disabling of control might actually be a bug.

I thought "no longer able to issue commands" was easy to understand though, as that is what happen :/

@MArdA TaleWorlds Can we get a concrete answer from the QA team on this, that they intend to disable the command system once the enemy is retreating? I do feel like they misunderstood the issue here, and want to make sure we are all talking about the same thing.

I don't mind half of my army start cheering when enemy flees as if the war is over, in the end fleeing enemies don't regroup whatsoever after that but can you please at least make the cavalry remain stable while cheering? it's really annoying that they simply become obstacles between me and fleeing enemy that i wish friendly fire was an option with melee weapons.

I don't mind half of my army start cheering when enemy flees as if the war is over, in the end fleeing enemies don't regroup whatsoever after that but can you please at least make the cavalry remain stable while cheering? it's really annoying that they simply become obstacles between me and fleeing enemy that i wish friendly fire was an option with melee weapons.

Just wait until you get a large army battle. Where the units you do have that pursuit get caught in the middle of reinforcing enemy units that pop into the field before they retreat... Then you REALLY will start mind you can't regroup your inf etc....

Just wait until you get a large army battle. Where the units you do have that pursuit get caught in the middle of reinforcing enemy units that pop into the field before they retreat... Then you REALLY will start mind you can't regroup your inf etc....
I didn't get this. Don't they start cheering and fooling around after all enemy reinforcements have arrived and all remaining enemy units start fleeing?

I didn't get this. Don't they start cheering and fooling around after all enemy reinforcements have arrived and all remaining enemy units start fleeing?

Afaik, once the enemy start rout you are just left with what you are able to do on your own,.

Afaik, once the enemy start rout you are just left with what you are able to do on your own,.
UNLESS you already had units set to charge or advance. According to @MArdA TaleWorlds, once the enemy routs, half your units should stop and start celebrating. This isn't what we are seeing. Right now (in 1.5.10), any units currently advancing or charging continue to fight fully until the enemy is completely depleted. Any units holding, shield wall, etc., will cheer 100%. And during routing, you can change NONE of this. This is why it appears to be a bug- the player completely loses control of the battlefield when the enemy routs, cheering/not cheering is irrelevant.

REALLY hope this is not the intended design. Large numbers of units often rout in large battles, not being able to mop them up (unless you set units to advance before rout) seems absurd.

@MArdA TaleWorlds,

I think either you or who you've spoken with has misunderstood the issue. You've described a normal behaviour that has existed since before 1.5.10. But the OP is describing a new and different behaviour.

This thread describes an issue where the ability to select units no longer exists. It has nothing to do with units following orders or cheering. The unit cards don't show on screen. It is a new bug.

Last edited:
@MArdA TaleWorlds @Duh_TaleWorlds
I might propose additional remedies such as:
1: Routed bandits DE-SPAWN completely and you get 'credit' for defeating thier party for the "help with brigand" quests.
2: Routing garrisons/militia in the field battle of "garrison sallies out to get you" battle DON'T go back into the garrison/town, they actually run away and de-spawn from the game. If they get to go back into the town roster you must fight them in a siege, even if there's just 1 guy left, that's Bull :poop:

These are important situations where the player needs to actually kill all the enemies and letting them rout is a no-no.

Can we get a concrete answer from the QA team on this, that they intend to disable the command system once the enemy is retreating? I do feel like they misunderstood the issue here, and want to make sure we are all talking about the same thing.
It is not something related to the QA team. Forwarded the topic to the Design team.

It is not something related to the QA team. Forwarded the topic to the Design team.

It's very simple really. Before patch 1.5.10, you could issue commands to your units all up until end of battle, regardless if the enemy was fleeing or not. After patch 1.5.10, you can no longer interact with or issue commands to your units once the notice about enemy fleeing is displayed. And there was not something in patch notes afaik that this was a change to the game.

If you think so... though I highly doubt it, as been said multiple time, ones the enemy starts fleeing, we, as in the player, is completely unable to bring up the orders interface to even attempt to give orders to our units, meaning they are stuck in whatever order that had before the enemy started fleeing, and as such there will be practically 0 chance to catch any fleeing enemies if you didn't happen to have preferably at least your cav formations on charge order before the enemy started fleeing.

Back
Top Bottom