Resolved Beta 1.5.10 Can't issue commands once enemy start to flee battle field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

Gadheras

Squire
When the enemy start to flee the field, I can no longer issue commands. I like to use cav to run down fleeing enemies. Screaming at the screen got no effect -)

I've been informed that this is an intended design choice. Half of the troops are cheering and the other half is obeying the orders.
Half are cheering but the other half that are chasing the enemy do not acknowledge any new orders or change their behaviour in any way that I have perceived nor does the command interface come up at all. If this is still by design then the problem it creates is you need to fight multiple unnecessary battles to mop up the defeated army effectively especially against armies without a leader to target like bandits.

Basically it wastes your time unless the after battle command behaviour is somehow different between fighting against an army commanded by a Lord and Commander-less armies. Perhaps it is and I haven't noticed (I will check) in which case it just makes it confusing for the player if you are not paying attention to that detail. Just my two cents

I've been informed that this is an intended design choice. Half of the troops are cheering and the other half is obeying the orders.

Uhmmm.

You get a quest from a village to hunt down brigands.... not a big deal right? To start with its just a few groups, later in the game it will be MANY groups, and the groups of brigands generally larger too... You only get a check mark for a complete group, not PART of a group. If all my units just stand there cheering, Infantry is slow. Ranged is hanging back, and I can't issue any commands to my cav to pursuit fleeing units. Then it become up to you alone to hunt them down before they escape? You basically removed manual fights from the game in this regard and leave it to auto resolve....

Please reconsider this "feature"..... There is more to gameplay than just tell all your units to charge right from the start in the hope of have someone chase fleeing units. Also in very large battles. you can have the enemy flee, but it still pop in the rest of their units onto the map so they can flee too, and if you have some of your units then "auto chase" the fleeing ones, and you have no way to issue commands, the enemy units that pop in can murder your stragglers chasing other feeling ones.

Half are cheering but the other half that are chasing the enemy do not acknowledge any new orders or change their behaviour in any way that I have perceived nor does the command interface come up at all. If this is still by design then the problem it creates is you need to fight multiple unnecessary battles to mop up the defeated army effectively especially against armies without a leader to target like bandits.

Basically it wastes your time unless the after battle command behaviour is somehow different between fighting against an army commanded by a Lord and Commander-less armies. Perhaps it is and I haven't noticed (I will check) in which case it just makes it confusing for the player if you are not paying attention to that detail. Just my two cents

This will be very annoying later in a game when you have to hunt down many units of brigands, and they usually larger groups too in the later stages. It will just make you auto resolve every encounter.

We're not talking about the cheering feature. You literally cannot issue commands once the enemy starts fleeing, i.e. 100% of the troops will not obey orders because we cannot issue any orders.

Created an account specifically to post this bug report. This definitely needs fixed, or if it really is intended, needs to be changed.

Yeah it is literally impossible to ISSUE an order after the enemy start retreating, it is NOT about whether all units follow it or not. This effectively means if you don't have your troops on a charge or similar order before the enemy start to retreat you will have to chase down every single enemy that are retreating personally

Hey Ling, does this mod restore command functionality?
Well it prevents units from fleeing the battlefield and instead they will fight to the death, so I would assume command functionality never gets lost for that reason. It's been a while since I used the mod though I'm not sure how compatible it is with the current version, might be worth trying out. (It's not my mod just one I have used in the past and enjoyed because I got tired of chasing fleeing opponents every fight.)

Could you please let them know that this is a really poor design choice. They can cheer as much as they want after the enemy has completely left the field but until they do, we want to slaughter them.

Could you please let them know that this is a really poor design choice. They can cheer as much as they want after the enemy has completely left the field but until they do, we want to slaughter them.

Imagine. Having a large army battle, with thousands involved. The enemy start flee. Half your guys stand there cheering, the rest in hot pursuit and get slaughtered by the enemy reinforcement that need to pop into the battlefield before they can retreat, and you got no ability what so ever to regroup your units.... thumbs up on that one...

Back
Top Bottom