Resolved [Beta 1.5.0] Loading a save breaks armies (all parties except for army leaders party become ghosts).

Users who are viewing this thread

Whenever I load a save all parties except for the army leaders become ghosts. They start moving around like normal parties but without any sort of troop count. They will chase and run away from other parties, but cant engage or be engaged on. If they're not chasing/being chased, they will follow the army leader. The only troops in the army will be from the army leaders party.
Example: The armies total size before saving and loading is 500. When loading back the armies size is 150 (army leaders party). No quests or settlements are involved.

Unless there is something wrong but my computer/files, this should be fairly simple to reproduce:
1: Find an army with multiple parties
2: Save
3: Load said save. The army should now have fewer troops, and the other parties will be acting weird, and without any troop count. Im unsure if this only affects nearby armies or all armies, but this have happened with armies I had not seen before or during the save.

I will try to remember uploading pictures once I can (I registered to report this). EDIT: Someone uploaded a vid further down showing this, so I wont upload any pictures now

I deinstalled all mods and then verified the files to see if that fixed it (it didnt). But incase it makes a diffrence,
the mods I had were: Bannerpaste, Sturgian noble infantry 1.1.0, Betterarmor V1.1.2 (e1.4).

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
CPU: Intel core i7-9700F
RAM: 16 gb
Motherboard: Rog Strix B365-F Gaming
Storage: PNY CS3030 500gb SSD

Last edited:
Also had this bug. No mods.
Had 750 enemy army, fought them, reloaded tried again
Army was 250 in size. Beat 250 man enemy army. the other 500 men exploded out of nowhere after the fight.

I noticed this happening as well but also an issue where if a party is starving every they just keep losing people no matter the food they have till they hit one or no healthy people. Looks like it only impacts the faction the player is a part of.

I've seen this too, no mods beat 1.5. Saw an army that appeared to be stuck in place and un-interact-able after this happened, but after a day or so they corrected themselves, I think after they disbanded army. I kept a .sav of this but have had trouble uploading today.

This also happened to me in my own army after loading a save. It said the members of the army were still part of it, but their troops did not count and the nobles' portrait was grayed out like they had died. I checked to see where they were in the encyclopedia and it brought me back to near where a battle with another army had recently taken place. You can see them running around and some of them rejoined my army, but when you hover over their name it is a duplicate of your own party. The army I had just defeated was also still there and after defeating the leader a second time, by himself, the other nobles became their own individual parties. Other armies are also showing the same issue where the individual parties do not display troops and all the parties are named after the army leader. Once I disbanded my own army, all of my nation's nobles became their own parties, but not all of them spawned directly next to me. Here is a short clip of the video (my character's name is Angus):

Other thing related to this (I think), when you are leading an army and laying siege to a settlement, if the enemy kick your ass and captures you, the camera is still centered on the city and you can keep building siege engines.... I reloaded so I don't know how it ends haha..

Hi,

I can confirm that it happens to me as well.
Vanilla game - no mods, 1.5 BETA.

Game status: main quest finished, level 24, own kingdom.

Details:
The other party members disappear from my army: I am army leader, I form up an army and then go out to fight other armies / parties or to start a siege. If I save the game and then reload it it's like all the other parties in the army are sent back to some random locations - maybe they are sent to their fiefs ?
Only some shadows appear and, if I wait a while, they either rejoin my party or eventually decide to abandon my army completely.

Please let me know if I can help with anything.

Thank you!

Yep I'm having the same issue. I actually waited a couple days to post assuming there would be an immediate hot fix since this is game breaking. I was surprised to come to the forums and see the issue hasn't even been acknowledge yet.

I'm actually surprised issues like this can make it out of alpha testing and into beta to be honest. It would seem to make more sense if they knew about the issue and they moved forward with Beta anyway because they realized the fix was long and complicated. To not even know there is an issue is concerning.

I noticed this when I decided to get me a wife the old fashioned way, by buying her lol. She was and still is part of a ghost army, guess I didn't use shower to shower or something. I even promised to put the seat down, sheesh.

Here is a screen capture. This is still happening after the latest hotfix. The lower party has a running animation but is not going anywhere. If you hover over it, it shows an army but troops are ???. Parties further up are all stacked on top of each other and show the same tooltip.

6A0CFADBEDE2CCAD6D9438FAA042AE18AA3C7693

To all concerned,

I think this fix came in 26/08/20 beta hot fix. Check the last bullet in the patch notes. I just loaded my game and everything seemed fine!

Back
Top Bottom