Beta 1.4.3 Landlord Needs Labour Exploit

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary:
The exploit here is that I talked to the quest giver who gave me the Landlord needs labour quest. Then I ran to the other noble in the village who had a Train milita quest. However, he said to "Not bring those prisoners here, as the village people use the mines for jobs." I told him I would split the profit with him, and the dialogue ended. I could od this repeatedly to boost relations and my charm ability.
How to Reproduce: Go to another important npc in a village with the quest Landlord needs labour and talk to them
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):Unsure if related, but the village was Ath Cafal
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: 1.4.3
Installed community-made modifications: None
Computer Specs
:
GPU:GTX 970
CPU:Intel Core i7-4790K
RAM: 8 GB
Motherboard:Z97 Gaming 5
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 840 Evo 250GB

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi -- thank you for your reply and hope that you had a nice holiday! I posted another threat about this issue, but could you please also find out what is happening with landlord/village notable influence? It seems to be set at 100 to begin (not diversified like before) and then resets to 100 after save/load (I think). In any case, notables are not retaining any influence, and the result is that only recruits or level 2 units are available. This significantly affects immersion/gameplay. Hope you can do something! Thanks again and overall, the game looks great. Best Wishes!

Hi -- thank you for your reply and hope that you had a nice holiday! I posted another threat about this issue, but could you please also find out what is happening with landlord/village notable influence? It seems to be set at 100 to begin (not diversified like before) and then resets to 100 after save/load (I think). In any case, notables are not retaining any influence, and the result is that only recruits or level 2 units are available. This significantly affects immersion/gameplay. Hope you can do something! Thanks again and overall, the game looks great. Best Wishes!

Hello, thank you for all the nice wishes! Would you kindly elaborate on which version of the game this problem occurred? If you have a save file it can help us big time to find problems regarding this problem.

Hi, and thank you for the reply! I am using the 1.4.3 Beta and I have attached three save file links below. I think the issue isn't with save/load after all, but just with influence decay. Landlords lose one influence at the rate of one point per day? Someone else on the forums discussed this and they said it was a new mechanic -- I think if that's the case it may need balancing. At the current rate of influence decay the landlord will be back to the pre-quest value in ten game days. This really impacts the availability of Tier2+ or noble line recruits. Maybe 1/15 point per day, something like that, would be more appropriate?

On the same subject, in prior versions there was a diversity in starting landlord influence -- i.e., some would already be designated as "Powerful" and have values of 200 or even 300+. That made it easier to decide which landlord to perform quests for, because they had stronger troops available. Now they are all starting at 99 or 100 -- it seems it will take ten to twenty quests to really level them up, which seems like a great deal.

Thank you for your reply and the links are here below! Best wishes again -- Jacob

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BDpKiGF7nZF7F0WqHgdPhWYMfptiHAIv -- Game Save 1. Quest Accepted, Before Completion.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AGzx-NWlJbOZ6bHCQQ7V6YOB8rCdrzmA -- Games Save 2. Quest Completed.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aNapVtIKXb2mUxdlazomtLv3blb3No6V -- Game Save 3, After 4/5 Days

Hello Jacob,

We are officially looking into this. There seem to be some design factors that need to be considered. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon enough. Thank you for your help and assistance :smile:

Thank you for the fix! I started a new playthrough and the game is much more playable after the hotfix! I'm looking forward to the next patch -- keep up the great work!

P.S. I notice in some of the village descriptions that silk and spices are mentioned as village products, but I never see them on the campaign. Is there a plan to add in these trade goods, or were they deleted for balancing purposes?

Back
Top Bottom