[Beta 1.2] Autoresolve Issue Looters now kill troops

Users who are viewing this thread

Kimborn

Recruit
Autoresolve with Looters now kills your men even high tier units.
if this aint a bug it's not listed in the Change log. and doesnt incentivize people to autoresolve.and thus Tactics aint usefull anymore.

Just loaded up my beta save, just to try this. 170 elite units vs 20 looters 3 of them died. This either need to be fixed or reverted asap. Its bad enough leveling up troops is uber slow already, and looters where the only semi decent way to get xp.

Looters sometime have piercing weapons in battle map. Them not killing troops in auto calc has to be a bug that is now fixed
It's possible that the initial behaviour was a bug but it's worth looking at how fixing it impacts the core gameplay loop.
E.g. I've recruited a number of elite units into my party which means that I musn't autoresolve any battle ever again because doing so would risk getting my elites nuked. So now I'm resolving each battle manually which works great in the sense that none of my troops even get touched but all or almost all the kills are scored by said elite units which stops me from levelling regular troops.
Imo they either need to make the lvl 25 Leadership perk worth a damn or revert the looter change. Honestly I just want the Training skill from Warband back.

50 tier 5 units auto-resolving vs 10 looters.
1 Imperial Legionary dies.
WHAT THE ACTUAL ****?

It's possible that the initial behaviour was a bug but it's worth looking at how fixing it impacts the core gameplay loop.
E.g. I've recruited a number of elite units into my party which means that I musn't autoresolve any battle ever again because doing so would risk getting my elites nuked. So now I'm resolving each battle manually which works great in the sense that none of my troops even get touched but all or almost all the kills are scored by said elite units which stops me from levelling regular troops.
Imo they either need to make the lvl 25 Leadership perk worth a damn or revert the looter change. Honestly I just want the Training skill from Warband back.

I agree on all points. We need passive training from warband back. Also I notice auto resolving gives far higher casualties then if you fight the battle in person.

Back
Top Bottom