Beta 1.2.0 Siege Stuttering

Users who are viewing this thread

JA55

Regular
Before 1.2.0 I was able to play 1000 men without any performance issues. Now, for the first time, Siege became impossible for me. Stuttering causes siege battles unplayable.

Ordinary battles run still smooth.

Sieges crash for me after the troops destroy enemy gates and rush in. They are also unable to climb ladders and just run at the wall endlessly. This results in me having to auto resolve big sieges which is a bit dull.

Yes the AI on your own side is not performing very well during seiges. They can'r figure out how to climb the siege tower ladders and at best use one of the three ladders. Sometimes they get stuck at the base and just congregate there when they are sorely needed inside or on top of the walls. None of the commands seems to be able to "unstick" them. They also abandon the battering ram after it initially breaks down the first barricade!

Very frustrating to have to run around doing everything with handful of the more "intelligent" AI when you have an entire army bashing their heads against the walls!!

It hasn't crashed for me yet and the performance is better than some of the big battles where it stutters like crazy!

Back
Top Bottom