SP - General Beta 1.1.0 Feedback on Snowballing Faction (Khuzaits) + suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

Galak56

Recruit
Hello everyone,

Having played the game since launch, i wanted to share the following thoughts with you in regards to what I think is contributing to snowballing Khuzaits in the Northern empire-Khuzait war early on. First time posting on the forum, so not sure if this has been mentioned before.

My observation: The khuzaits often take 2 cities from the northern empire rather quickly, and it's hard for the northern empire to recover. I believe this is due to two factors/mechanics in the campaign.

1. The army objective mechanic. I've noticed when I play with the northern empire, that siges are only done by one single army. So if the empire has 2 armies, one will besiege for instance Myzea, while the other tries to retake a castle. Armies don't seem to team up to besiege.
HOWEVER they will team up to ride to the defence of a besieged city. So if one empire army besieges Myzea, two Khuzait armies will ride to go defend the city. This causes a disadvantage to any attacker by numbers alone. This might make it seem easier for any defending faction (empire or other) to hold onto ground, but the Khuzaits are the best defenders in the world, because of the following:

2. The khuzait faction bonus to Horsemen speed + theirarmy composition of mostly horsemen makes them ideal for ganging up on any foe in the open field. I know it's their thing, but because of attacking armies never teaming up to besiege, it means the khuzaits can quickly take a castle/city, then massively outnumber the single army that comes to retake it, and start gaining land by blitzkrieging through the weakened faction by repeating this tactic over and over.

My suggestion: I am not sure if multiple armies can't besiege the same settlement (I haven't seen it happening at least), so I would suggest either tweaking or implementing it so that multiple attacker armies can team up on the same settlement (more often), especially if it's a lost city.

Addendum suggestion: You could factor in a bonus for having multiple armies besiege the same settlement in siege construction (more manpower), as well as making it harder for enemy armies to infiltrate the settlement to bolster its garrison. One could tweak it that if a single army (depending on its size) can't cover the settlement on all sides, so a relief army could pass through rather easily, whilst two armies would easily catch out a relief force before it can enter the city/castle.

I hope this feedback was usefull!

Back
Top Bottom