Resolved [Beta 1.1.0] Borrowed Troop spawn issues in Village Scene fight - Train Troops Quest

Users who are viewing this thread

Version Beta 1.1.0 & Beta 1.3.0

Basic Summary:

• Accept a 'Train Troops' quest (for a village).
  • Receive 10 'Borrowed Troop'.
  • Fight an enemy party near a village (village scene is used).
  • The village was an enemy (at war).
  • Borrowed Troops will spawn far away from you near the enemy.
Longer Explanation:

I accepted a quest to train troops. I received 10 Borrowed Troops and caught a Looter party near a village. As I loaded into the village scene, my Borrowed Troops spawned with the Looters. Or maybe, they spawned near the location where friendly villagers would spawn (like when defending against a raid). Either way, the Looters and Borrowed Troops fought before I could even reach them with my army to help. This can cause you to potentially lose all units and fail the quest if they all die.

I assume it's not intended behaviour because it seems strange that the units travelling with my party spawn far away from where I arrive.

Extra detail:
  • I switched Borrowed Troop to 'Heavy Infantry' in the Party Screen so I could control them better without the rest of my infantry.
  • I was also hostile (at war) with the village.

Video:

Last edited:
This still happens in the 1.2.0 Beta. Any unit set to 'Heavy Infantry' (maybe other unused classes too) spawn inside the village next to the enemy. In the end it has nothing to do with the quest or allied status to village, but when allied to the village, the villager militia even spawn with your army... but your custom class troops spawn away and alone.

Also, the custom classes have tooltip errors (those are recruits and borrowed troops set to VI 'Heavy Infantry'):

h6JLZXT.png

Last edited:
This still happens in the 1.3.0 Beta.

It even happens in bandit hideouts.

To replicate: Set troops to a group other than 1,2,3 or 4. I chose group 6 'Heavy Infantry'.

Half my troops spawned in the middle of the forest bandit hideout, miles away from my starting position.

So the bug is this: Spawn locations are bugged for troops that are not in groups 1, 2, 3 or 4.

Yeah. This is irritating as hell. I've resorted to not fighting near villages at all. I just let them go and then chase them down again. As for Hideouts, I have to remember to reassign the units back to default before going in. :razz: needless to say, I forget sometimes and half of them get wiped out.

Yea, I just forgot to set half my new army back to normal:

qifzShh.png

My entire group spawned in the middle of the sea raider hideout.

The reason I re-assign them is so that I can tell them to charge vs looter groups... because auto-calc is lethal now and kills too many troops when fighting looters. I also don't want my elite troops to steal XP in the actual fight, so I set all non-tier 5 units to 'Heavy Infantry VI' and tell them to charge. This obviously isn't a great solution, but I need to train my troops somehow and the bugged spawn locations for hideouts and villages can cause trouble.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom