Best wishes to all in this holiday Season!

Users who are viewing this thread

saxondragon

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hello Everyone!

[size=12pt]
A Toast to
[size=24pt]joy
peace
and
good will

toward everyone this holiday season!

[size=12pt]
Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

The creators of PoP have no right to talk about "good will" and the only jpy they know is the one that come from destroing dreams of inocent wanna be heroes

Merry Christmas SD! And curses as well! For I've gotten completely sucked into PoP for the last 5 days and my family hates and misses me  :twisted:

Haven't played any SP warband in probably years but I'm utterly addicted and committed to Pop this time!

Bless and thanks for all your dedication

~Froggy

froggyluv said:
Merry Christmas SD! And curses as well! For I've gotten completely sucked into PoP for the last 5 days and my family hates and misses me  :twisted:

Haven't played any SP warband in probably years but I'm utterly addicted and committed to Pop this time!

Bless and thanks for all your dedication

~Froggy

Great to hear from you Froggy!  I think of you every time I hear one of the bandit lines! 

Glad you are still around!

Best,

Saxondragon

Carlos Danger said:
I would rather they do small tweaks and release patches rather than work on a new version that they have no inspiration to make.

LOL.  My friend, it has nothing to do with inspiration. 

Real life just took over.  There is no longer the time available to spend on implementation.

What most people, (Players), are by and large unaware of,  is the amount of time it takes to produce, design code, and create something like this. 

Small short mods that change a scene, or create some armor that can be generated in under 100 hours are fairly common.  Often they are easy one man jobs of 20 or so hours of work.
100 hours.  Two full time weeks of work.  Maybe 10 days for the obsessive.

Large total conversion mods such as PoP take several thousand hours of work.
From Native to version 2.0 took approx 2400 hours of work.
2.0 to the current version took I am estimating another 1500-2000 hours inclusive of the port to Warband.

This is why ultimately modding is not sustainable unless the mod maker is independently wealthy and/or has no other aspects to their life.  It is just too time consuming.

Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

Back
Top Bottom