Best way to start off a campaign?

Users who are viewing this thread

What has been the best starts you guys have had when playing campaign? Do you go around participating in tournaments or doing work for lords? I'm looking for some advice for when starting off in bannerlords as I don't really know where to start.

Note: No cheats this time lol

At this time we know nothing about the campaign start. I suppose it will be similiar to wardband, but that is just a guess. The gamescom 2018 demo showed some very early game gameplay, but that was so long ago I am not sure if anything shown in it is relevant anymore.

My preference for my own start is to start in Vlandian territory. I like their troop tree and if I join a faction, that is the one it will be.

At this time we know nothing about the campaign start. I suppose it will be similiar to wardband, but that is just a guess. The gamescom 2018 demo showed some very early game gameplay, but that was so long ago I am not sure if anything shown in it is relevant anymore.

My preference for my own start is to start in Vlandian territory. I like their troop tree and if I join a faction, that is the one it will be.
That is of course true, but what i am asking is what People used to do in warband as I think it will work almost similar in bannerlords. So I would love to hear what People usually start off doing so I can get some tips. ?

Getting small band of peasants to go after looters, get in tournaments and bet on yourself max, some quests for lords, easy money, increase relations, would try to get 20-5 and would go over and fight sea raiders(They have better equipment to loot+moar money), **** id do in wb prolly same in bannerlord, although im dying to check out the criminal enterprises and set one up, also ik you there multiple plots of land you can set up various businesses on, so the thought of having a criminal enterprise with multiple shops set up would be cool

That is of course true, but what i am asking is what People used to do in warband as I think it will work almost similar in bannerlords. So I would love to hear what People usually start off doing so I can get some tips. ?

Ah, OK. I usually start off in Praven. I start the merchant of Praven quest and I leave it unfinished until I have troops. I gather some Swadian peasants from a village or two so I have some men. Then I hunt looters for a while to build the men up. My goal is to forge the men into Swadian knights.

I check the taverns of nearby towns for Companions. Some of the companions work cheap and can greatly enhance your early game party. I do alot of tournaments, betting on myself to raise money (you need to confident in your ability to win if you are going to do this.) With a companion or two and some leveled up Swadians I finish the Merchant of Praven quest.

Once I have an army and a some upgraded gear I take on some tougher enemies. I do tournaments when I find them. Once my money improves I start to buy productive enterprises in every town. I do not join a faction until I have an enterprise in every town.

Some games I don't join a faction at all and I just go it alone. That is a much tougher road to hoe. I have conquered Calradia several times so I must be doing something right.

Ah, OK. I usually start off in Praven. I start the merchant of Praven quest and I leave it unfinished until I have troops. I gather some Swadian peasants from a village or two so I have some men. Then I hunt looters for a while to build the men up. My goal is to forge the men into Swadian knights.

I check the taverns of nearby towns for Companions. Some of the companions work cheap and can greatly enhance your early game party. I do alot of tournaments, betting on myself to raise money (you need to confident in your ability to win if you are going to do this.) With a companion or two and some leveled up Swadians I finish the Merchant of Praven quest.

Once I have an army and a some upgraded gear I take on some tougher enemies. I do tournaments when I find them. Once my money improves I start to buy productive enterprises in every town. I do not join a faction until I have an enterprise in every town.

Some games I don't join a faction at all and I just go it alone. That is a much tougher road to hoe. I have conquered Calradia several times so I must be doing something right.
Great answer! Thank you very much for this answer. I Will be sure to try this out in bannerlords and see how it goes!

Since bannerlord wont be as punishing for being a bandit and actually encourages it now, I'm going to join khuzait and raid villages, attack caravans and kill villagers. With all the loot and money I get I'll spend on creating legit enterprise in khuzait and aserai towns and be hostile to everyone else.

Since bannerlord wont be as punishing for being a bandit and actually encourages it now, I'm going to join khuzait and raid villages, attack caravans and kill villagers. With all the loot and money I get I'll spend on creating legit enterprise in khuzait and aserai towns and be hostile to everyone else.

Just be careful where you raid. It's less punishing overall, but more punishing in that crime and punishment is tracked now!

Usually Arena and Tournements. Hoping they get a grander more epic presentation with a couple guys playing the Horns and cinematic entrances with varied personalities

Grinding skills in arena mode will be very important. You get also athletics and riding, not just weapon skills. Raising medicine and other skills will be more difficult, maybe a non fighting background could a better idea for the character since you can raise those fighting skills in zero time without any cost if it works like Warband.

For the record, generally speaking, I've gathered up about 25 men and hunted bandits until I felt good and comfortable, then I started working for lords. I can't guarantee I'll do that in Bannerlord, with all the new playstyles that are looking to be viable from the start now, but it's worked for me in the past.

As Bannerlord will be different on many points, I guess we will explore new ways to start the game and that those we use in Warband will be irrelevants.
In Warband, I used to start in Praven, take the mission from the merchant, sell all I do not need, buy best Bow, two quivers of arrows, a 1H (lately Mace), horse (usualy I already have one), improve armor as I can and then go fighting looters alone.
I get some level up, stuff and money like that.
Then, I recruit in villages, but during battles, I let them at the start of the map and go alone to diminish the enemy forces and prevent my soldiers being harm too much.
I do not search for companions, but if I see one that suits me in a tavern, I recruit.

I think one of the best ways was to find a lord who asked you to collect his due taxes in his behalf. Once it's completed, you have a lot of money (around 3-5k dinars possibly) - but I keep forgetting to hand him the full amount until late game! :razz:
So that's like an easy loan which lets you buy decent equipment and hire some mercenaries, but one can consider it a bit of cheating. I like the quest, but I hope it won't be exploitable in Bannerlord.

Back
Top Bottom