Best way to LvL up Medicine? (1.5.7)

Users who are viewing this thread

Player character, I assume? Don't save scum. Take on some difficult battles where you're likely to suffer plenty of casualties. If you're in an army/nearby other parties of your clan, take some of their wounded troops if you have space (which is awkward, as it defaults to taking healthy and giving them the wounded ones, if you both have same troop type). Vice versa is easier - give them your wounded, to boost their medicine skills.

But probably employ a medic and don't do it until it's rebalanced a bit. Because it increases slowly, you're contributing disproportionately to your 'general' experience (which levels up the character, which slows down learning rate across all skills) for relatively little direct benefit to your medicine skill.

Best way play with death and aging off and for a very, very, very long time fighting lots of losing battles. Essentially it's close to broken and getting it past low hundred nigh on impossible. Alternatively mod it with something like Bannerlord tweaks which lets you apply a multiplier to the XP just on that skill up to 10x vanilla.

starve your troops in a city until they are all wounded but before they start deserting, then buy food

Or just get a companion with high medicine skill (around 120) and assign him as surgeon. Highly skilled medics usually have 'the Scholar' as their nickname.

If you want 25 or 50 on you main character for the self healing perks it best do it asap in the start of the game, best to choose a couple starting choices that give you a little boost if it won't ruin you char build, I usually choose "way with horses" and "gathered herbs" as they give endurance, riding and medicine.
Now recruit troops and fight looters but stay out of the fighting and don't upgrade the troops. Using auto resolve can help too but you must be confidant in finishing off the looters yourself afterwards. Just use only recruits and auto resolve them to get wounded/dead troops then recruit more and repeat.
Medicine is horribly slow and even just getting to 50 will seem like it takes way too long so I only worry about getting the 25 perk.

If you're later in the game and have a fief you can take batches of unwanted or low tier troops to go "Forest bandit watching" forest bandits will easily massacre you troops if you just have them hold position and hold fire. You could do this anytime but I assume you would have mostly good troops and want to swap them for disposables.

I would absolutely NOT try to get more then 50-75 on my character and instead hope for a 120 medic wanderer to eventually spawn. The time to go from 50-120 on you character is just so absurdly long that you will usually get a wanderer spawned in long before you get past 120.

Medicine learning is bad, TW hurry up and fix!

starve your troops in a city until they are all wounded but before they start deserting, then buy food
Crazy as this sounds, I hadn't thought of this but this IS actually probably the fastest, easiest and cheapest way to raise your med skill.

The only other way I know is to take lots and lots of casualties. Every time a soldier goes down he is checked to see if he ends up wounded or killed. As far as I know, every time they come up wounded instead of dead, you get some XP for medicine.

As far as I know, every time they come up wounded instead of dead, you get some XP for medicine.
Does this mean no exp for killed troops? That would make sense with what I read someone say that medicine had some mechanic that made it gain skill easier as it got higher, I didn't know what they ment but it must be this. Also explain why sometimes the gain is lower then I expected after heavy losses (too many kills).

i wasnt asking for the player's character....you see...most of the times i go for the medic's oath perk...(i think its called so)...so that means some times i need to train a willowbark to get it for sure....but never knew how to lvl it up fast

Decided I wanted to get my main char to at least 50 for the perks, streamed some to a buddy over discord and he was both amused and horrified while i gathered masses of recruits and just threw them at parties with no archer support mixed with my drunken commentary lmao.

Ended up not getting a dedicated medic and upto 123 on my main now, seems like it picks up some once you have enough skill to actually get more wounded enough at least to sorta gain consistently just playing. Though I'll maybe have to try some starvation if I go for it again, though the masses of recruits were pretty good at screwing up enemy formations so my decent troops could mop up lol.

Yeah this works just like buying a bunch of t1 troops and throwing them to the wolves works too. But it's insane that just to level a skill up and even a semi-reasonable rate players are forced to do this. I know this game is in ea and all but there's no excuse that TW couldn't fix the pace that some skills level.

The best way without mods at the moment is to not bother with it :3
Hire a healer in the tavern and forget about the skill :p

Yeah this works just like buying a bunch of t1 troops and throwing them to the wolves works too. But it's insane that just to level a skill up and even a semi-reasonable rate players are forced to do this. I know this game is in ea and all but there's no excuse that TW couldn't fix the pace that some skills level.

Yeah, it's absolutely unbalanced at the moment. And it should be such an easy thing to fix. It's like they are not playing the game at all. :p
Medicine and Roguery are a nightmare to level up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom