Best way to fight Khergits????

Users who are viewing this thread

Rhodok Sharpshooters have worked quite well for me.  They do enough damage that they can easily kill the bastard's horses.

Do NOT use other cavalry against them.  This only leads to them spreading across the entire map and your expensive swadian knights getting killed.

It really depends on your army and terrain really. 

Personally I use a small but strong all cavalry army, the trick is to make sure to have a good number of light cavalry in there too otherwise it becomes long drawn out chases, which result in your heavy cavalry being shot too often.  Sword sisters are my favourite for it, they seem to be more effective than lancers.  It is one of the more rare situations where Vaegir Knights aren't as strong as the Swadians because of the defensive issues. 

In my own encounters with lords I try to get my troops to hold on one side of the map while I charge, as long as you keep to their right side the number of arrows they can get off is minimal, and you can really do same damage.  If you approach from the left side every one of those Khergits has a bow they can use.  A lancer might do some real damage on a horse, but that horse can be taken out in one hit while it sits in formation, it is often the easier target. 

My casualties tend to be very light, if I were to face 100 deserter lancers with 30 troops I wouldn't expect more than 5 dead

Rhodoks: They are Khergit-killers for sure, they only lose if they were to be seriously outnumbered

Cleidophoros said:
Everyone Hold this Position!
Stand Closer!
Stand Closer!
Stand Closer!
Stand Closer!
Stand Closer!

Exactly.  Position your army as high as you possibly can and quickly.  Tell your archers and your infantry to hold position as high up as possible.  Then tell your cavalry to hold position off to the left more often than not, b/c that seems to be the main direction they circle from. 

The idea is to make them come to you, and when you're packed tightly, they can't charge over your men and they get caught up in the press and swarmed by your men.  As the battle progresses, tell your cavalry to charge, when they get in close to the khergits, tell them to hold position behind your line of infantry and archers.  The khergits will chase them right back to you and die.  Unfortunately, they do much better defending castles b/c of the ridiculous number of archers they have.  I normally play unmounted against them and kill their horses as they ride by and leave my men to mop up while they're getting reacquainted with the ground.

Khergits always charge to the left of you, so lead you're infantry forward and close togather to the left invisable barrier, they charge and get stuck in a tangle of horse, bow and easily killable nomad! And station some archers behind you'r infantry if you wanna pick them off in that little cul de sac, but I prefer to let my spearmen pen them in with their boardshields and then let them finish it off.

Sir Lulzalot said:
Do not fight the Khergits, thats how you win.

He actually has a point there, fighting Khergits in the field is pointless as you're going to rack up casualties as well as kills. If you want to fight Khergits, do it in sieges. They suck without their horses; a good number of Rhodok spearmen and sergeants can get up the ramp and go through them easily.

Sending in heavy cavalry isn't that bad of an option, so long as they don't outnumber you by 5 to one, the initial charge is going to cost them many of their soldiers. You should only do this however, it you don't expect any reinforcement waves, if they do come in waves, you're cavalry won't be in a position to charge them again as in the first charge.

It's good to have a reserve of heavy infantry someplace on the field so you can retreat to it and dismount your horsemen if you really need a place to fall back to and wait out their arrows.

PAdrian800 said:
Vicariously. Talk to guild masters and lords to obtain war and peace quests, arrange things so that the Khergits are at war with an alliance of two or more kingdoms. They won't last long.

Ringwraith #5 said:
PAdrian800 said:
Vicariously. Talk to guild masters and lords to obtain war and peace quests, arrange things so that the Khergits are at war with an alliance of two or more kingdoms. They won't last long.

How would you do that?  I don't do many quests.  I thought the only way to start a war with someone else was to be sworn to the faction you're provoking them into war with. 

I found one of the best ways to wipe out khergit armies is to raid their villages.  As long as you don't mind the huge reputation hit.

They'll come riding over and then in their infinite wisdom charge you on foot.  As it has been stated before, Khergits suck ass on foot and should be easy pickings for almost anything.

If I recall your troops stay mounted, so...

Back
Top Bottom