Best trading routes?

Users who are viewing this thread

I been playing this games for years, but I still find it difficult to find best trading routes.
Trading is boring and tedious, kind of wasting time in games try to figure out the goods price difference.

Which town is to buy which goods and which town to sell these goods?
For example, I only found Baltakhand to buy horse, wool, sheep, then sell to Amprela

any one has a trading routes where you maximize your visit to town , buy and sell goods and improve your trading skills??

Thanks

I don't think there are consistently good trade routes for most goods because workshop distribution changes from playthrough to playthrough. Of course, for raw materials, you can find some consistent places that have extra and certain places that have deficits. For instance, I find that Makeb always has extra fish and not enough grain while Chaikand has the opposite situation. Since they are really close to each other, you can make some decent money and trade XP by shuffling food types back and forth between them. Certain Sturgian cities seem to also consistently end up with high grain prices, Sibir in particular. You can usually find grain at some place super cheap.

In general, I find the best trading strategy is just to see what is cheap in the city you are in and buy it. Then go to the next city and see what is cheap there and if any of the things you bought in the last city are expensive here. You just kind of wander through the map and you always buy stuff when you find it cheap and then sell it when you find a place that will pay higher prices for the things that you bought cheap. You can also often buy the goods from villages at a pretty low price, although that's not always the case. Villages are nice for buying a lot, though, since the price doesn't go up as you buy more of it at the village.

I don't think there are consistently good trade routes for most goods because workshop distribution changes from playthrough to playthrough. Of course, for raw materials, you can find some consistent places that have extra and certain places that have deficits. For instance, I find that Makeb always has extra fish and not enough grain while Chaikand has the opposite situation. Since they are really close to each other, you can make some decent money and trade XP by shuffling food types back and forth between them. Certain Sturgian cities seem to also consistently end up with high grain prices, Sibir in particular. You can usually find grain at some place super cheap.

In general, I find the best trading strategy is just to see what is cheap in the city you are in and buy it. Then go to the next city and see what is cheap there and if any of the things you bought in the last city are expensive here. You just kind of wander through the map and you always buy stuff when you find it cheap and then sell it when you find a place that will pay higher prices for the things that you bought cheap. You can also often buy the goods from villages at a pretty low price, although that's not always the case. Villages are nice for buying a lot, though, since the price doesn't go up as you buy more of it at the village.
thank you for the tips. I just hate they should make trading more fun or more intelligent

Trading is boring , sometimes just pure luck finding cheap goods.
Most game play I can only make trades skills to above 75, never over 200+

Grab a bunch of everything, but especially load up on fur and tools, and swing through Aserai lands.

I hit 125 trade for the renown perk pretty quickly by just getting around 100 troops, loading up on carry capacity, loading up on goods, and selling it all in Aserai within the first ~100ish days while there's lots of wars causing shortages. And that's on a character not maxing trade, so not specced for max XP gains.

Going north and south with goods is generally much better than going east and west. Vlandia and Battania is also a fairly good place to buy and sell. Beer is often one of the best overall sellers along with tools, both have decent high/low disparities while also not losing value as much per unit as stuff like fur, velvet, jewelry.

You can also just focus on food, and for that butter, cheese, meat seem to do better than the others. Generally whenever two bordering factions are at war there will be shortages, so that's something to consider. Also, recently sieged places often buy very high as their stocks can be depleted by longer sieges especially.

Grab a bunch of everything, but especially load up on fur and tools, and swing through Aserai lands.

I hit 125 trade for the renown perk pretty quickly by just getting around 100 troops, loading up on carry capacity, loading up on goods, and selling it all in Aserai within the first ~100ish days while there's lots of wars causing shortages. And that's on a character not maxing trade, so not specced for max XP gains.

Going north and south with goods is generally much better than going east and west. Vlandia and Battania is also a fairly good place to buy and sell. Beer is often one of the best overall sellers along with tools, both have decent high/low disparities while also not losing value as much per unit as stuff like fur, velvet, jewelry.

You can also just focus on food, and for that butter, cheese, meat seem to do better than the others. Generally whenever two bordering factions are at war there will be shortages, so that's something to consider. Also, recently sieged places often buy very high as their stocks can be depleted by longer sieges especially.
Thank you for your feedback
I have created a list of what considered "cheap value" for goods, correct me if I am wrong
So if price below this amount, it's considered cheap, and I should buy it.

cheese, butter, grapes < 15
tools < 80
fur < 30
wool, woods, < 30
grains < 7

velvet, jewelry is very low volume so I can't really find much profit from it.

I have created a list of what considered "cheap value" for goods, correct me if I am wrong

tools < 80
fur < 30
wool, woods, < 30
grains < 7

I think you can go up to 20 on cheese butter and grapes and still make a profit. I think you’re missing a zero on fur, but I usually wait for it to get closer to 200 before I buy. For wool, flax, clay, and wood I won’t buy until it’s below 20 and it can be found below 10. It will be hard to make money buying at 30. I would add that pottery is good if you can buy for under 100.

tools < 80
fur < 30
wool, woods, < 30
grains < 7

A list as a rule of thumb is fine but I wouldn't treat it as law, since disparity in price is the main thing and prices fluxuate depending on the state and stage of the game. If there's a stack of butter for 20 denars, which is 5 denars over that list price, in a town next to one that's just been sieged I'd still buy that butter and take it to the sieged town since it might pay over 40 denars for much of it.

I basically skip as much worrying about hard numbers as I can, since that's what makes trade a huge tedious time sink. Roughly buying what's green and selling it where it's red is about the same result with far less time investment, and over time you just get a feel for the game's economy.

Velvet and jewelry are worth keeping a small stack of, since per item you can make big profits occasionally and it doesn't weigh much to keep some around, but definitely not your bread and butter trade items.

I think the best lazy/casual way to grind trade without headache, is making one big early game loop while prices are crazy, and from then on just keeping a constant stack of every food, plus beer and wine, and then tools which are nice to trade to villages anyway. When you happen upon a settlement that got starved in a siege you're then always ready to make big profits.

I usually buy horses at Askar and sell them at Vlandian towns, you can also buy fur, hardwood, wine and sometimes oil to sell in Aserai lands on the way back. Sanala is also worth a visit as horses can sell well there and jewelry is cheap sometimes. Buying horses at Odokh and selling at Chaikand has worked well for me too.

I been playing this games for years, but I still find it difficult to find best trading routes.
Trading is boring and tedious, kind of wasting time in games try to figure out the goods price difference.

Which town is to buy which goods and which town to sell these goods?
For example, I only found Baltakhand to buy horse, wool, sheep, then sell to Amprela

any one has a trading routes where you maximize your visit to town , buy and sell goods and improve your trading skills??

Thanks
Furs and cows from Sturgia(Varcheg,Balgard) traded for Pottery,Tools,Wine/Grapes/Hardwoox from Battania for Hogs and Olives(Sarot,Jaculan and Pravend) in Vlandia and Salt in W. Empire(Ortysia) and in case you can't find good prices from Sturgia-Battania-W Empire-Vlandia go sell in Sanala,Askarat,Iyakis or in Aserai in general.

Tools,Furs and Hogs are almost 3-4 times the price sold in Aserai.
You can buy from Aserai Mules,Camels and other mounts and sell them in Battania.

I do the same as SanyaBeli and anoddhermit:
I find the best trading strategy is just to see what is cheap in the city you are in and buy it

Grab a bunch of everything
As I move around the map, if I see something cheap, buy it. Sit on it until I find a place that will pay a higher price. Rather than targeting certain towns to sell, I just play the game chasing whatever goals I set and check the Trader in every town.

If you want a faster way to get Trade XP, I made a video:

Furs and cows from Sturgia(Varcheg,Balgard) traded for Pottery,Tools,Wine/Grapes/Hardwoox from Battania for Hogs and Olives(Sarot,Jaculan and Pravend) in Vlandia and Salt in W. Empire(Ortysia) and in case you can't find good prices from Sturgia-Battania-W Empire-Vlandia go sell in Sanala,Askarat,Iyakis or in Aserai in general.

Tools,Furs and Hogs are almost 3-4 times the price sold in Aserai.
You can buy from Aserai Mules,Camels and other mounts and sell them in Battania.
thanks for the advice, I will try it on my next gameplay

Back
Top Bottom