SP - General Best Time to Start Kingdom?

Users who are viewing this thread

I was just wondering when folks are starting their kingdoms? I figure a lot are starting as soon as they meet the bare bones criteria but it seems like you're too weak at that point of time. I personally am thinking of doing it once I hit clan tier 5. I've got a few castles and Ocs Hall ? that I stole from another lord during a corrupt voting session. I figure tba Ocs Hall is better than my castles but it's also right in the heart of Vlandia and I'm sure I'm going to piss them off once I break my allegiance to that dastardly cheat King Derthert ?.

As soon as one of the kingdoms gets weak enough to be picked off. By that time, I usually have a decent cash supply, have been married, have 2-3 clan parties, and have a personal army over 120. Get all the mercenaries you can find early on. You can grow fast by hiring lords that you're at war with.

The main quest for destroying the empire is broken though, so I haven't bothered with this in my last few playthroughs.

As soon as one of the kingdoms gets weak enough to be picked off. By that time, I usually have a decent cash supply, have been married, have 2-3 clan parties, and have a personal army over 120. Get all the mercenaries you can find early on. You can grow fast by hiring lords that you're at war with.

The main quest for destroying the empire is broken though, so I haven't bothered with this in my last few playthroughs.
Thanks! Btw I couldn't find my thread until you replied. I don't remember telling it to post to Feedback and Suggestions. Any idea why it defaulted here?

Usually, I'm taking sturgian castle from vlandians and going to create my kingdom as fast as I have party with 100 soldiers and 3rd rank. After my kingdom founded I can create army with my companions and wife. It is huge advantage.

Usually, I'm taking sturgian castle from vlandians and going to create my kingdom as fast as I have party with 100 soldiers and 3rd rank. After my kingdom founded I can create army with my companions and wife. It is huge advantage.
Yes. Sounds like you'll have a huge intimidating force. I went ahead and broke away from Vlandia. I kept my city and 4 castles too. I thought they were going to declare war on me but they didn't. I convinced a few of their clans to join me too. Now I am passing policies that are being voted against but I am ruling like a king ? should. I pass the policies even if the other clans oppose them.

I never even thought about hiring mercs do you need a specific clan level or anything like that ?

As soon as one of the kingdoms gets weak enough to be picked off

JUZGmLY.jpg

I'm adopting all needed policies before persuading clans.
Does it really make a difference? Since I'm the king ? of my castle ? I started passing policies and procedures even with 0% support. I don't get any notifications stating that my relationship with my lords was negatively affected like it does when I vote against other lords when I'm a vassal for another kingdom.

Does it really make a difference? Since I'm the king ? of my castle ? I started passing policies and procedures even with 0% support. I don't get any notifications stating that my relationship with my lords was negatively affected like it does when I vote against other lords when I'm a vassal for another kingdom.
Idk. As a king you have a lot of influence whatever you do.

SPOILERS!

1. I crapped the bed on it and had to pull the trigger as 10 years mark was passing up - after that the quest auto-fails.
2. Everyone will declare war on you. Like yourself I've prioritized nice location over a mix of defensible and discardable and ended up between rock and hard place. Observing All-Out AI wars show some of the current flows.

So as near to 10 year mark as possible, unless neighbours are ready for plucking, tucked away in a corner where hopefully I can get decent recruits.

Back
Top Bottom