Best tactic to advance in the game ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, I'm currently trying to be part of Empire faction and I have +12 or 16 relation with noldor. So is the empire good faction to join or not ? Or do you have any other plan ?
Ps: Played this game 3 times to nearly end so I'm not new player in this mod.

Greetings.

Simply kill them all.
Dead opposition is the best one.  :mrgreen:

If you almost finished three games you shouldn´t need this questions. If you like the Empire, stick with them. If they´re lucky with Minor Faction armies, they´ve great potential and strong units.

Empire units are pretty strong and are quite fun to play with, but ultimately, you must betray them and become independent!

Just ensure you´ve got a sackload of either Rogue Knights or Hero Adventurers recruited and ready before you start toying with the various SNC patrols. Unless you know your infantry troops and the terrain, their heavy horse will reap a heavy toll off your forces.

I personally fancy the Empire a lot. They don't seem to have any weaknesses in their troop lineup. The Legionnaires are good melees and have a powerful throwing attack. With the Gladiator, they also have a melee character similar to the Berserker of the Fierdsvain but also with javelins. The Empire Armored Crossbowmen seem to hit a lot harder and with higher precision than the Ravenstern Rangers. Amongst the major factions the Armored Crossbowman seems to be the best ranged unit and they still pack a good punch in melee. In sieges they do s great job attacking the battlements and eventually charging in alongside Legionnaires and Gladiators.

Make friends with some of the lords maybe become marshal and take a town for yourself (or a castle) that is if you're a vassal of the empire, and remember just because you're vassal it doesn't mean that you can't go exploring outside of the empire.

Kiss Mimperator's ass.

At the 50 or so mark in relationship he'll give you towns when you ask for them (usually).

Then wait for peace, stockpile money and honor, and get the Qualis Gem from Rane, and start your knighthood order.

Once they're up to scratch, take the KotD approach - If unsure, burn them all

habeo123 said:
Join either Immortal or Shadow Legion. Do them quests, get them knights and steamroll Pendor.

Good Idea! I think will join to Immortals minor faction, and does it lower your relation with them ?

fidoman1272 said:
Kiss Mimperator's ass.

At the 50 or so mark in relationship he'll give you towns when you ask for them (usually).

Then wait for peace, stockpile money and honor, and get the Qualis Gem from Rane, and start your knighthood order.

I'm not that kind guy :smile:, bug I got your point and I think I will use your strategy. Bytheway what is kotD ?

Knight of calradia said:
habeo123 said:
Join either Immortal or Shadow Legion. Do them quests, get them knights and steamroll Pendor.

Good Idea! I think will join to Immortals minor faction, and does it lower your relation with them ?

fidoman1272 said:
Kiss Mimperator's ass.

I'm not that kind guy :smile:, bug I got your point and I think I will use your strategy. Bytheway what is kotD ?
KotD = Knights of the Dawn. Those are the guys that go around burning villages for Astraea.

Knight of calradia said:
Ps: Played this game 3 times to nearly end so I'm not new player in this mod.
A newbie question coming from someone who's not new to this mod  :???:

Empire is pretty strong.  Has solid regular troops and middling noble troops but very strong knighthood orders.  I would say all the factions are pretty strong except the d'shar which I don't like.

Knight of calradia said:
Thanks and one more question :smile:: how much relation you need to join particular faction ?

Greetings.

Do you mean Major Faction, or Knighthood order?  Major Faction, then you just need around 100-150 renown, at least they always let me in with that.

Knight of calradia said:
Thanks and one more question :smile:: how much relation you need to join particular faction ?

Greetings.
0 or above (meaning they don't hate you), with 150 odd reknown. try to have more, as once you are a vassal you have to have troops at almost all times, so you can't just go hunting vanskerries with a noldor bow and fast horse.

Knight of calradia said:
Oh my goodness XD. I forgot a hole word from my post and I ment minor faction not faction :smile:.
You can't, in short. 0 relation is the base for them not to hate you, but you cant just walk up to Boad's sister and say something along the lines of "Yo, how'd you like to take over Pendor?"

At 0 relation you can not get hunted by their armies etc.

Back
Top Bottom