Best Slave Force

Users who are viewing this thread

fearjet

Recruit
Hey guys, with everything being super overpriced in POP getting a lot of denars is a necessity. From native and other mods it always seems that gathering a huge force of prisoners and selling them off can accumulate a huge amount of profit. So I want to know from you guys as a novice in this mod which troop or troops are the best at wounding your enemies. They also can't be insanely hard to get like the noldor. Thanks for all your help, it's very much appreciated :grin:.

Bounty Hunters from the farmer upgrade and Sarleon Armoured Footmen early on.
If you pick Ebony Gauntlets as an order you´ll start to love their Ebony Hammerers.

Doomguides are the best of the best.
They are mounted, have noldor bows, and Doom maces, which are probably the best blunt weapons available.

They're from the Three Seers army:
Seer initiate> Seer favourite > Doomguide

So in that regard you have to be lucky to have them and capture some people from the patrol.

Or, if you have a quails gem, look up how to gamble with a town guild master. You may win some!

magitsu said:
Also companions if you give them polehammers.
Anyone with the horses that have high charge attribute get occasional prisoners as well.

Thanks I know what to buy my companions now.

LootMoar said:
They are mounted, have noldor bows, and Doom maces, which are probably the best blunt weapons available.

So in that regard you have to be lucky to have them and capture some people from the patrol.

Or, if you have a quails gem, look up how to gamble with a town guild master. You may win some!

Thanks I'll check out the doomguides and the gambling actually seems really cool can't wait to try that out.

Besides the recommended weapons/troops, another fun way to knock enemies unconscious is to get a Jatu Warbeast (45 charge) and run them over :smile:

For Noldor, the great Magic Button (ie: autoresolve) works well.

I haven't done it myself, but the idea of telling a bunch of (semi-)naked berserkers "go beat up those pointy ears and bring me the loot and prisoners" then taking a nap and waking up to Noldor loot and Noldor prisoners is oddly amusing.

Autoresolving is a kind of cheesy.
You better give your companions the talek warhammer - the destinctive 1h warhammer - together with a shield rather than a big and clumsy 2h weapon.

Or even better, get one yourself and a great blunt tipped lance and farm prisoners.

LootMoar said:

agreed once i ran into a hostile Empire Immortals an guess what I Recruted  about 30 Seer Favourite  Few Days Later i was amazed how cool the DoomGuide were

Siggy with a horse and 2h blunt weapon, prisoners for days.

Him, Jocelyn with Polehammer, and Fred with 2h blunt when he finally catches up are my main prisoner getters.  Everyone else has a blunt weapon too but they rarely get to use them

When I first got hold of a couple of doomguides I was positively amazed and tried to amass as many as possible, but over time I found their Xena-like better-than-steel-plate leather bikini armour annoyingly immersion breaking. I have avoided them ever since.

I suppose they would be a much bigger deal if it wasn't for the uberCKOs we can get nowdays.

Noldor Bow, Power Draw 8, Archery 400 is still pretty good, but.. armor (besides their... whatever that is) isn't the greatest, and the horse and no shield (while using a 1hand mace, too)...

iskar said:
When I first got hold of a couple of doomguides I was positively amazed and tried to amass as many as possible, but over time I found their Xena-like better-than-steel-plate leather bikini armour annoyingly immersion breaking. I have avoided them ever since.
Hey, it's supposed to be "enchanted"...stolen from Noldors. Maybe re-tailored for their purposes...but...yeah I know, it's immersion breaking :razz:

http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Doomguide

I quote:

"These feared women are the elite bodyguards of the Three Seers. Trusted with the Three Seers' secrets and plans, they enforce the seers' commands and fight to the death for their mistresses. Wielding Noldor Composite Bows and equipped with the Noldor Ancient Plate, all no doubt looted from the Noldors, they ride on hunters, peppering all those who oppose them with a quick volley of arrows. Wielding their Doom Maces to great effect, they capture plenty of their enemies alive to convert them to the dark side. However, a lack of shields means that the Doomguides are easy pickings for enemy archers as well, and their unarmored hunters fall short of pikemen as well. "

But it's only "suspected", so you might be right and the Seers are enchanting it. It would actually make sense, since no noldor ancient plate looks like that...

zykox said:
http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Doomguide

equipped with the Noldor Ancient Plate, all no doubt looted from the Noldors, they ride on hunters, peppering all those who oppose them with a quick volley of arrows. Wielding their Doom Maces to great effect, they capture plenty of their enemies alive to convert them to the dark side. However, a lack of shields means that the Doomguides are easy pickings for enemy archers as well, and their unarmored hunters fall short of pikemen as well. "

But it's only "suspected", so you might be right and the Seers are enchanting it. It would actually make sense, since no noldor ancient plate looks like that...
Also, that's an old description. The no longer wear the Noldor Ancient Plate. Instead they currently wear "Doomguide Leather".

In earlier versions of PoP they did wear Noldor Ancient Plate. There was some hilarity when they first appeared with their own Doomguide Leather. You CKO can get Noldor Ancient Plate though, it's one of the "capture a noldor lord" items.

iskar said:
but over time I found their Xena-like better-than-steel-plate leather bikini armour annoyingly immersion breaking
I checked, and the internal name for this Doomguide Leather armor is in fact: itm_xena_leather

Yeah.
It´s the Xena armour. But don´t tell Wulfbode about this. And they got it for the looks mainly, even if it´s totally stupid. But sometimes, the realism nazis have to concede.
And they do look good, oh yeah.

Back
Top Bottom