Votes: 35 9.9%
  • Vaegirs

Votes: 35 9.9%
  • Khergits

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sarranid, by far:

- Swadia may have great infantry and comparable cavalry, but geographically, Swadia is too vulnerable.  In my games, They are often at war with factions on multiple fronts and lose fiefs quickly.  The player can not make up for the strategic idiocy of the Swadian military.

- Even though the Sarranids are in close proximity to the Rhodoks and Khergits (and the Vaeghirs to a lesser extent), they are funneled geographically by mountain passes that makes strategic control of the early war period easy for the player.

- Shariz is a great trading city, and providing it isn't pillaged by Rhodoks, you can make some big bucks with its trading partner to the north for a short little trip.

rooperi said:
Full party of huscarls, massed three ranks deep. Just pick a hill and watch them slaughter everyone. Really, with 60 huscarls even the parties of the Kings (200+) are easy slaughter.

Besides that, they own sieges. With the mentioned 60 huscarls, castle garrisons of 130-150 are easy pickings.

So, Nords.

You don't even need the hill with huscarls, just let cavalry charge right into them and get slaughtered anyways. Really don't matter though you can pick any faction outside Khergit and dominate a fight with them. The real question is which faction dominates the BEST. In the time it takes for your nords to finish a fight swadian or sarranid forces would have won the fight 2 or 3 times over.

Nords due own for besieging but I never liked defending with them, I mean yeah there huscarls own face, but there archers that's a different story altogether. Ive always enjoyed pelting my enemies before they come up the ladder. Personally I like rhodocks for defending, but loath the slowness of open field combat since I normally just pick a hill and watch the ai run into my wall of bolts and shields, wich can take some time. I tried nords, I owned in sieges, but in the open I lost a lot of men to cavalry due to my slow early training of there infantry.

Which is why I leaning more towards Sarrinid, since there cavalry is tuff, but viegiers is still a dam good standby with there mix of cavalry and good archers. Swadiana I would list higher up but typicaly there on the losing side of the wars, there awesome with one enemy but more often then not fight 2 wars at once.

I am making the ideal Calradian army, it consists of:
15 Swadian knights
15 Nord huscarls
30 Rhodok sergeants
15 Swadian sergeants or vaegir guards.
15 Vaegir Marksmen.
the rest of your army is the reserve.

What I do is, Divide the infantry by kind in 3 separate units, whit nords on the left flank, Rhodoks on the center and vaegirs/swadians on the right, the Rhodoks are better in holding the enemy and are slower than nords plus they have big shields, ideal for the beat taking part of the army, if it was possible I'd put nords on both flanks, but since you cant divide the same unit kind in 2, I had to go whit other unit type, you should also put your cavalry behind the right flank, and the archers in a hill behind your lines, and the reserves behind the rhodok in case the enemy cavalry manages to charge tough, the battle plan is simple, wen the enemy clashes whit your rhodoks, let the nords loose to do what they do best, move your swadian/vaegir line in a _/ shaped form whit the rhodoks to hold the enemy's left wing packed, then maneuver whit the cavalry and charge home.
the reserves exist to help any section that may be collapsing, it normally is the nord's left flank or the Rhodokian center, the nords tend to kill a lot but since the lack of a proper line they usually get killed too (like killing 50 and dieing 10) this is where you put your reserves, which should be composed of mid/low tier troops and things you don't use, like vaegirs in case of a swadian flank and vice versa.

well i dont give a try to sarandins but i will if all sayind that the sarandins cavalery (sorry for grammar) is better then umm... swadian knights

Vaegirs ftw. Fast training(Sea Raiders) and they're at war with nords. You can easily own Wercheg in 20 days by suggesting a move to vaegir marshall (according to your relationship with him).

But to be honest, vaegir lords(boyars) are the most stupid lords ever. :smile:

I don't get it guys, the sarranids have only one unit that is good, all their other good infantry are only skirmishers which you have to spam.

lifehole said:
I don't get it guys, the sarranids have only one unit that is good, all their other good infantry are only skirmishers which you have to spam.
I don't get it either. The top tier infantry troops, the guards, are rather lousy, and imo the Master Archers are nothing compared to some of the top-tier troops of the other factions (Rhodok and Swadia Sharpshooters anyone? :smile: )

I voted for the Khergits...why? Because I tried to take over a castle with about 100 Master Horse Archers once. I didn't even get to the siege tower.  :neutral:

Mastermind said:
lifehole said:
I don't get it either. The top tier infantry troops, the guards, are rather lousy, and imo the Master Archers are nothing compared to some of the top-tier troops of the other factions (Rhodok and Swadia Sharpshooters anyone? :smile: )

I voted for the Khergits...why? Because I tried to take over a castle with about 100 Master Horse Archers once. I didn't even get to the siege tower.  :neutral:
Master archers are comparable to Vaegir marksmen(aka the best archers in the game). Infantry troops truthfully are rather weak and in fact outclasses by dismounted mamlukes.

As for Khergits... try using units with a shield, Khergits are the worst siege faction by a wide margin.

Well, I suppose geographically, the Sand People are far better than the Swadians (unless you are a mercenary of course).  However on my character, the Swadian military controls every conflict they come across, at least after I settled a dozen conflicts.

Mastermind said:
lifehole said:

How appropiate. I can siege any khergit castle with a bunch of mamelukes/guards since they suck so much.

Well, I suppose geographically, the Sand People are far better than the Swadians (unless you are a mercenary of course).  However on my character, the Swadian military controls every conflict they come across, at least after I settled a dozen conflicts.
Sand people? Like this?
tusken20raider.jpg

Back
Top Bottom