Best shieldwall infantry (that is also good enough for sieges)?

Users who are viewing this thread

This playthrough, I have decided to go with the Perisno archers and I need a shieldwall to protect them.

I know Kaikoth Iron Guardsmen are great, but they took a very long time to level up.

That's how you pay for quality. Long training times.

Hired troops are good, you can gear them up however you like and unlike any other infantry, they have guaranteed ranged weapons. They're somewhat easier to train than Kaikoth Guardsmen or any similar high quality infantry, like Valahir or Third Legion/Venetor troops, though unless you've got maxed surgery, they can be hard to keep in sufficient numbers.

Otherwise, Maccavian Northguards are good for the time they take to train, Hakkon Legionaires can also do quite well for their spamability. I've also heard good things in that regard about Cretasan Ironclads, but never used them myself, and Cretas recruits are limited.

That's how you pay for quality. Long training times.

Hired troops are good, you can gear them up however you like and unlike any other infantry, they have guaranteed ranged weapons. They're somewhat easier to train than Kaikoth Guardsmen or any similar high quality infantry, like Valahir or Third Legion/Venetor troops, though unless you've got maxed surgery, they can be hard to keep in sufficient numbers.

Otherwise, Maccavian Northguards are good for the time they take to train, Hakkon Legionaires can also do quite well for their spamability. I've also heard good things in that regard about Cretasan Ironclads, but never used them myself, and Cretas recruits are limited.

Thank you for the answer!

Yeah, the low-quality shieldwall infantry will be just for the early game: I will try training up better troops as time goes on, but I only need these weaker, easier to train ones to protect my archers (from weak, but still dangerous in number enemies, like Snow Crawlers).

Bit late to the party, but... I have been wondering about Aroulo Proven Warriors myself. I ended up facing one in battle, I was expecting a relatively easy fight but I got annihilated. Their proficiencies are off the roof, and they are lower level than the Iron Guardsman. Not as good equipment though.

I think it depends on your perference and play style? Quality, quantity or cost effective? There are so many troops in Perisno. Even the Perisno Guardian seems to option :smile:

Back
Top Bottom