Best sensitivity for duelists

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes. with exception that they're not broken, you haven't seen any good feitns in warband, if you think mine is broken lol. all I do is basic inverse feints that would be blockable by literally ANYONE in warband since there's no block delay.
Its your good right to be proud of your mechanics. You are the only inverse player that actually has good feints. If this is the basic all the others are doing it wrong.

The best player in Warband used low-sensitivity.

For Bannerlord, I guess you should follow this guy's advice:

I play with fairly low sens (1150 dpi, 0.49 ingame scale). I don't see any reason you should use high DPI unless you really believe in forcing kills with crazy inverse feints. Why? I can count the amount of people I cannot outlast with the most basic-b*tch feints on one hand, meaning, fundamentals (blocking, timing, distance) are a lot more important than cranking out some wild feints. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Lower sens will make the mastery of clean and consistent blocking a lot easier.

Just my opinion.

I play with fairly low sens (1150 dpi, 0.49 ingame scale). I don't see any reason you should use high DPI unless you really believe in forcing kills with crazy inverse feints. Why? I can count the amount of people I cannot outlast with the most basic-b*tch feints on one hand, meaning, fundamentals (blocking, timing, distance) are a lot more important than cranking out some wild feints. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Lower sens will make the mastery of clean and consistent blocking a lot easier.

Just my opinion.
I play with low sensitivity and high dpi, I think dpi is important to feinting, but also just turning in general. Typically with 2500 dpi I'm able to strafe people and hit them at odd angles or just feint on them while strafing very well. High dpi makes it easier to turn into your feint and make it look more convincing.

I play with low sensitivity and high dpi, I think dpi is important to feinting, but also just turning in general. Typically with 2500 dpi I'm able to strafe people and hit them at odd angles or just feint on them while strafing very well. High dpi makes it easier to turn into your feint and make it look more convincing.
Not the point I'm making. Asking about how to feint effectively without focusing on the fundamentals is putting the cart before the horse. I think people who want to get better at dueling should focus more on what DPI/sensitivity they can block and turn with comfortably rather than which ones allow them to make better feints (a lot of really good feints don't require high sens anyway).

I see too many players that are stuck being average at best who do a lot of wild turns and feints without even being able to block the most simple up-attack feints that require neither angling nor turning.

So to summarize, people new to dueling should focus on what DPI they feel comfortable playing and learning the basics with rather than cranking their sensitivity up to match someone else's just because they do a cool feint with it.

Vertical movement scale changes how much you look up/down relative to the same camera movement. Best example to test this is with cav - the lance will angle more or less depending on the scale while keeping the same camera travel distance.
hmm, it sounds interesting. what is your vertical movement scale

hmm, it sounds interesting. what is your vertical movement scale
0.96, with 1600 dpi and 0.6 in-game sensitivity. From what I know, this is quite high compared to other players.
But, what about those 3 different types of blocks you can choose from in the game settings? What is the difference between them?
By look direction is what 99% of people use, it's pretty self explanatory. By movement direction means, if you are moving to the right and block, it will block to the right and so on. Automatic doesn't work in MP, it blocks in the right direction for you.

Back
Top Bottom