Best mod base in 2023?

Users who are viewing this thread

laius

Knight at Arms
I don't imagine there have been a ton of innovations in the warband modding scene for the better part of a decade, but I would like to ask anyway. What might be considered the "best" (introducing the largest number of improvement with fewest new bugs) base for a new mod being made in 2023? Starting from Native is signing up for a lot of redundant work that has been done by other projects. Diplomacy 4.3 falls behind the newer branch but appears maybe more polished? I know there was the module system overhaul project a few years ago but I'm unsure if that was ever ready for use. Thoughts on this?

Last edited:
If you want to play with different gameplay and without bugs look for old mods that are updated regulary. New mods contain bugs and unbalanced mechanics. If you learn how to tweak txt files you will be able to expand your gameplay experience.

Link to the overhaul project. I'm using diplomacy as a base, but I'm a scrub who knows nothing and I'm sure it's not the best base to use. I think this overhauled mod sys would at least be very useful as a reference point even if you use something else as your base.

Diplomacy 4.3 falls behind the newer branch but appears maybe more polished?

Doesn't matter, the last patch to break compatibility was 1.134 or something. Patches since then have either added new MS operations, which are part of the .exe anyway, or added multiplayer stuff.

Diplomacy is the most popular for a reason, it makes hundreds of no-brainer bug fixes across the board, while adding no new assets or anything else to bloat the mod.

I use Diplomacy, A.I executions, death to all, battle buddies, true relations, succession, useful companions as a base for the other mods i use.

Doesn't matter, the last patch to break compatibility was 1.134 or something. Patches since then have either added new MS operations, which are part of the .exe anyway, or added multiplayer stuff.

Diplomacy is the most popular for a reason, it makes hundreds of no-brainer bug fixes across the board, while adding no new assets or anything else to bloat the mod.
Oh my concern about 4.3 wasn't so much module system version as how long ago it ceased development, compared to the 1.174 diplomacy branch which has revised and added to it (in some ways too much) for almost a full decade more.

Back
Top Bottom