And Mongolia just won this thread.

And someone said back in 2008...

Cloud Breaker said:
No Asians?

Lovely.

Go Mongols I guess!

djogloc02 said:
Now, do the mongolians ride horses and shoot at the same time?  :razz:

I don't know but apparently the PLA in the Inner Mongolian province has gun-totting cavalrymen. Assuming this unit is inclusively ethnic Mongolian, then yeah Mongolians ride horses and shoot at the same time :razz:

F201203120806499628911218.jpg

I am willing to bet, however, that they are not meant to really shoot while on horseback. They are more like mounted infantry to patrol the borders. In case of firefights they would probably have to look at the ground and press (F).

64583343201201111645261104978488326_055.jpg

Not sure how I feel about this picture. Poor horses but I guess what can you do if there is a fire fight besides putting them as low as possible on the ground.

I think these look cool. They are made of stone so whoever wore a suit of armor like this has to look rock solid. The helmet looks huge so I am guessing they have a lot of cushion for the wearer underneath. Not sure how effective these are.

arm161xz3.jpg

More
stonearmour.jpg

5.1283298047.terracotta-army-museum.jpg

stonearmour2.jpg

Those are probably reconstructions for the stone soldiers in the Imperial Tombs. That's all I can think of.
Those stone plates are too large and thick to be useful. It would be ludicrously heavy, and thus impractical.

However... It would be interesting to see how effective stone lamellar is. With thin plates of course.

Rallix said:
Those are probably reconstructions for the stone soldiers in the Imperial Tombs. That's all I can think of.
Those stone plates are too large and thick to be useful. It would be ludicrously heavy, and thus impractical.

However... It would be interesting to see how effective stone lamellar is. With thin plates of course.

While most infantrymen would have worn a coat of plates or lamellar made mostly of leather and bronze and sometimes iron at the time, stone armor separate from the terracotta warriors were excavated from his mausoleum.

Very heavy I agree. But I think swing a bronze or iron sword isn't going to make much of an impact on something that is rock solid.

Rallix said:

Afaik the armour that was dug up from said tombs weighted about 50 kg.

Back
Top Bottom