Best-dressed Warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

Stop ordering me around, you insolent bastard. I am a rank above you.

Ask me nicely.

Personally, I think Hellenistic cav looked pretty good:
Pict0006q.JPG

Too many exposed throats and necks... I could have a field day...
For humour value- WWI German in heavy trench armour. Steampunk's wetdream...

Διγενής Ακρίτας said:

Oh look, spartans, how effin' original.

As for the weight of that ww1 cuirass, I doubt it is enough to make walking and running difficult. Plus it serves more to save you from the odd shrapnel shell exploding while you're in the trenches. WW 1 was a lot of sitting and dying, and little fighting.

I read a bit about that armour myself. The book said that it was extremely heavy for the protection it gave, and thus it was not widely used. Don't know about the weight for sure though.

Roach XI the Magnificent said:
Stop ordering me around, you insolent bastard. I am a rank above you.

Ask me nicely.

Personally, I think Hellenistic cav looked pretty good:
Pict0006q.JPG

Hetiarii!!!my favs  :razz:

Hetiarii? LOLWTF... And neither of those units is Hetaroi anyway. The right hand side is Demetrios' Philoi, and the left hand side is the Ptolemaic colonist cavalrymen.

I DECLARE YOU FAIL AT HYPOCRISY!  :mad:

lordJehovah said:
Roach XI the Magnificent said:
http://www.clash-of-steel.org/gallery/pages/full/YCM_WWIsent.jpg[/img]
****, they really walked wearing... these? Must have been heavy.

No, they didn't.  That picture was probably staged for propaganda.  That armor was almost exclusively used by sentries during their guard shifts and supposedly machinegunners too.  There was also a helmet plate that would be attached to the front of the stahlhelm by resting on those two prominent lugs.

aye some people call it stormtrooper armour, yet whenever you read about the stormtroopers they say they liked to go with light kit for ease of speed, so i doubt they wore it. also id hate to have to of gone across no mans land in it! even guys with normal kit fell into shell holes and drowned/ got stuck, imagine an extra 15kg to deal with too!

ive heard flamerthrower teams wore it, they went slowly anyway so i can belive that. dunno if its true or not.

and that extra helmet plate, was worn alot by counter snipers (sniper rich areas). but it made your head very front heavy, so werent worn by those who had to move around, much like the armour. and even then it wanst univerisally liked.

basicaly they were good idea but they suffered with 1914-18 tecnologies.

The flamethrower crews having them would make sense though, as you said, I am not sure if that is the case.  I know stormtroopers didn't have them though, as they were about mobility and speed.  The nearest thing to specialized stormtrooper gear that existed were long ammo bandoleers around the neck and, most especially, the two sacks of grenades they had under their arms.  In fact, stormtroopers relied more on grenades than their firearms.

Yes, these guns ARE actually quite heavy, so they were usually mounted on fortifications, and they were less often wielded and taken into the battlefield.

BTW, is it the German MG-42 machinegun?

Back
Top Bottom