Best Computer to run Bannerlord as of May 2020- Money is no object

Users who are viewing this thread

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-we-say...-bottlenecks-the-gpu-or-games-are-CPU-limited
Also i never said CPU and RAM were the most important parts at all anywhere in this thread it is a combination of parts.
And the vast majority of games do not take advantage of multi cores at least not effectively although to be fair that is starting to change with modern games.

Appologies for the double post not finnished my morning coffee yet ?
Ahh sorry, I thought you were the person who originally stated to 'Prioritize RAM and CPU'.
Most games don't use lots of cores efficiently but having a minimum of 6 cores with hyperthreading really helps keep games from stuttering and frames stable. If you're gaming the GPU is the most important, then CPU and then RAM. The thing that people always forget is the monitor. Doesn't matter if you're getting 200 frames if your monitor is only putting out 60.
I was just trying to say you should have a balanced PC, if its only for gaming, the GPU should be where most of your money goes as you can get a $200 CPU and a $500 GPU while upgrading the CPU further will get really diminishing results. RAM is more or less a constant unless you want to try to get a few extra frames.

One thing that annoys me about PC gamers as i am one myself is the attitude that we sometimes have that if a game isn't optimized properly we should somehow blame our own hardware. Given the fact this game is due to be released on PS4 and Xbox one then PC hardware even five years old or more would still trump current gen consoles and therefore be enough for this game. This game isn't optimized well enough yet. A I9 CPU won't change that.

Stop giving people bad advice that they need to spend thousands on a PC to run a game that is early access and isn't fully optimized. It's poor advice. No modern PC should have a problem with Bannerlord, the lags in battles isn't normal, it needs fixed and most likely will be fixed by full release.
He definitely doesn't need to spend crazy money on an Alienware, but I guess he also wants a PC to play other games and not just Bannerlord, so if he is going to buy something then he may as well buy something with the latest technology that will last him a couple of years, especially in a new Ray Tracing era where many games will use it.

instinctive eye for what makes a good photo, captured at the right momen
No, they are known as innate "abilities", "talents" or also "aptitude". Skills are learned/acquired. https://www.staffsquared.com/blog/the-difference-between-knowledge-skills-and-abilities/
Anyway, we are deviating from the main topic. The point is, with the best equipment, if the user doesn't know how to utilise or maintain that equipment, i.e. a PC or camera. They most likely end up blaming the hardware or the software's fault. Given the case that the user owns the most powerful PC in the world, if any fault encounter, the user, for this case OP, will only end up looking into the fault of the software, and missing out that it might the issue with the setup of the PC, i.e. configuration, software installed, software running in the background etc. And these require certain level of knowledge.

Ahh sorry, I thought you were the person who originally stated to 'Prioritize RAM and CPU'.
Most games don't use lots of cores efficiently but having a minimum of 6 cores with hyperthreading really helps keep games from stuttering and frames stable. If you're gaming the GPU is the most important, then CPU and then RAM. The thing that people always forget is the monitor. Doesn't matter if you're getting 200 frames if your monitor is only putting out 60.
I was just trying to say you should have a balanced PC, if its only for gaming, the GPU should be where most of your money goes as you can get a $200 CPU and a $500 GPU while upgrading the CPU further will get really diminishing results. RAM is more or less a constant unless you want to try to get a few extra frames.
No worries I was just pointing out that it can depend on how you intend to game as at 1080p i would spend a tad more on a good cpu than the gpu as long as the gpu is to a certain standard as it will get bottlenecked anyway and you can get away with it here. The gpu is still obviously important but it can come down to what you have in the budget and making trade offs.
I also mentioned monitor on the first page :smile:
If building a pc now i would still try and find a 1080ti over the 2080/2080ti they barely outperform the 1080ti in benchmarks except at 4k where there is a jump in performance.
But honestly i would just wait 7nm will be out this year and that will give a good performance jump price could be an issue but I think price to performance ratio will be significantly better than the 20 series cards.
And there are rumours that the 30 series will be more affordable to make sure they continue to dominate the market..... only time will tell i suppose.

No worries I was just pointing out that it can depend on how you intend to game as at 1080p i would spend a tad more on a good cpu than the gpu as long as the gpu is to a certain standard as it will get bottlenecked anyway and you can get away with it here. The gpu is still obviously important but it can come down to what you have in the budget and making trade offs.
I also mentioned monitor on the first page :smile:
If building a pc now i would still try and find a 1080ti over the 2080/2080ti they barely outperform the 1080ti in benchmarks except at 4k where there is a jump in performance.
But honestly i would just wait 7nm will be out this year and that will give a good performance jump price could be an issue but I think price to performance ratio will be significantly better than the 20 series cards.
And there are rumours that the 30 series will be more affordable to make sure they continue to dominate the market..... only time will tell i suppose.
Yeah me too. The performance of the 1080ti, 2070s and 5700xt seems to be the sweet spot for a build these days. In terms of the CPU though, I would say you should spend more on the GPU, there isn't that much of a performance jump between an AMD 3600 and above. Sure you can get a bit more frames on average +-10% but it starts costing more and more.
Yeah with the launch of the new consoles this year and their apparent performance being up there, the new lines of GPU's being launched by AMD and Nvidia this year should reflect that. So there is a serious reason to hold of and wait for the new cards to release. Maybe ray tracing will actually be viable in games next launch. But yeah, we shall see.

The 3600 (and even 9600 if you really want Intel) are great CPU's for the price. Like Wregghhh said the performance gains in games is pretty minimal past that for hundreds more. It's worth getting an eight core a slight price increase as the next gen consoles will be 8 cores. Eight will actually be utilized soon.

As for the resolution, 1080p is basically 720p now...1440p has been pretty standard for like years now outside of 'pro' FPS players who insist on 1080p max frames. The jump in quality is absurd guys...it's worth it. The catch there is if you want a good 144 hz monitor at 1440p they are pricy. The best budget one that's still good is Dell's, around 300-350 bucks. The great ones are made by BenQ and are about 700. I think it's worth it..this thing kicks ass. Don't waste 1200 dollars on one of those MSI or Acer "GaMiNg" monitors, they look like **** and aren't very good for double the cost. I feel like so many people fall for "gaming" gimmicks in motherboards, PC builds (Alienware, Ibuypower, cyberpower, etc.), and whatnot. Take your time and research it...it's worth it.

RGB > all!
I'm playing with i5 3570k 8 Gb RAM, GTX 980 (everything stock because I'm lazy to overclock). Windows 7. Without mods.
Settings maxed except frame limit 30, shadows and grass are on lowest, 1000 units on battlefield.

And I'm enjoying playing singleplayer with this settings. It is okay, my fps drops below 30 are quite rare. Yes, for MP I need more FPS.

I think I'm going to buy new rig soon, but prices are crazy today, still deciding.
Something about RTX 2080 super, i5-i9 9th or 10th gen, or I'll wait until 4xxx Ryzen tests and maybe I'll take some cheap 3xxx Ryzen CPU as temporary decision, 16 Gb RAM, SSD.

Thank you everyone for your advice. I waited like near over a decade for this game, and that is why I specifically set aside a large amount of money to buy a pc with the sole intent to play this game, and the performance intensive mods that are also sure to follow.

Back
Top Bottom