Best Class & Worst Class

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello all,

Here's a very short and sweet discussion topic: As it stands right now in multiplayer, What do you think is the A.) best class and B.) worst class. By best and worst, I mean most effective vs. least effective. This is, of course, completely your own subjective opinion.

As an infantry main, I think this would be my breakdown:

A.) Vlandian Knight. Not a very fancy choice, but the 3 weapon choices with the first perk (especially mace in the current meta) as well as the improved armor, cav breaker or melee expert make it easily the most flexible heavy inf for me.

B.) Khuzait Rabble. Tiny shield with terrible weapon options. The range on the scythe is pretty good, mace is okay, but what does it matter when you can't make it to anyone when enemy archers turn your feet into pincushions?

Obviously this will need redone when 1.7.2 launches, but I'm curious what the forum-side community thinks.

best class (a):

for cavalry
aserai: they have the fastest cavalry in the game with the longest 1 handed lance(tied with khuzait but they have the slowest cav); they can also get a bow and arrow making them uncatchable thus unbalanced (the horse archer for khuzait is balanced bc they are one of the slowest mounts in the game thus vulnerable to other cav; the bow/quiver should slow you down like shields do so that 2 identical speed cavalry should run differently if one has a bow/quiver(the bow/quiver horse should run slower to prevent kiting; but if you drop the bow/quiver you should be the same speed)).

for infantry:
this is more of a toss up bc all heavy infantry have the same movement speed with the same value movement speed perk, but with the current blunt meta(about to be nerfed) vlandia has the quickest (91 speed) mace and the heaviest armor(53) tied with battania and sturgia(although the sturgian default axe swing speed(87?) is abysmal unless you inverse feint spin it(slower weapons are harder in outnumbered situations))

for archers:
for siege like conditions, vlandian sharpshooter,
for open field, khuzait khan guard; their movement speed bonus and glaive(which can rear horses and great against infantry) along with their high fire rate/damage make them the meta currently outside heavy cavalry blitz

worst classes(b):
for cavalry:
khuzait nomad is one of the slowest mounts in the game and thus gets outran from behind and stabbed.
the current iteration of cavalry engagements depend on two things, speed of the mount and length of the lance; the most important thing is speed but if you also have a longer lance you can dominate the battlefield (outside of archer support)
so given any battle simply choose the faster cavalry and chase down people from behind where they cannot block and your good,
cavalry speeds from fastest to slowest:
asearia,emprie,vlandia,sturgia/battania,khuzait.

for archers:
for pure 1v1 close distance archery I want to say that the fiann is the worst? that slow release just gets you shot to death assuming the quicker bow does not miss.
fire rate is the most important thing in 1v1 archer play given the current any arrow can penetrate the heaviest armor balance (I would argue that the longbow should be the best bow in the game because of it's realistic armor penetration but because a short bow can penetrate armor there is no point in not just choosing that bc it is faster)
however classes without the movement speed penalty are especially pretty bad so the empire unarmored archer class, the khuzait unarmored archer class, and the aserai unarmored archer class are pretty bad (the aserai heavy archers do not have a movement perk bonus but the armor/bow/weapon is great)

for infantry:
rabble,peasant, clan warrior,(these are all the cheapest infantry for each faction that have access to pikes they do not have the speed bonus because taleworlds do not want fast peasants with long pikes surrounding people and killing them without a struggle; their logic is flawed in that the movement penalties should be on the equipment the class carry, which can be dropped, rather then the class themselves(this is also the case with archers where their bow/quiver should have the movement penalty instead of the class))menalavion, brigand, any other melee class without the movement speed bonus I am forgetting. Infantry need the bonus movement speed because that is their advantage, infantry is designed to surround a slower opponent and kill him (2v1s are un-winnable if you are slow) and without that speed buff you might as well be an archer/cavalry class without their respective advantages.

Last edited:
Best class is IMO the Khuzait Spear Infantry, big shield + spear combo by default + heavy mace and being slightly more mobile than other heavy infantry makes it a dream to play.

A lot of the light archer and cavalry classes are kind of carbon copies of each other with very little difference, so they tend to feel the worst to play most of the time.

Hello all,

Here's a very short and sweet discussion topic: As it stands right now in multiplayer, What do you think is the A.) best class and B.) worst class. By best and worst, I mean most effective vs. least effective. This is, of course, completely your own subjective opinion.

As an infantry main, I think this would be my breakdown:

A.) Vlandian Knight. Not a very fancy choice, but the 3 weapon choices with the first perk (especially mace in the current meta) as well as the improved armor, cav breaker or melee expert make it easily the most flexible heavy inf for me.

B.) Khuzait Rabble. Tiny shield with terrible weapon options. The range on the scythe is pretty good, mace is okay, but what does it matter when you can't make it to anyone when enemy archers turn your feet into pincushions?

Obviously this will need redone when 1.7.2 launches, but I'm curious what the forum-side community thinks.
How is the rabble worse than the vlandian peasant? The mace is pretty good and just pick up a better shield, the peasant has basically nothing going for it except the looter perk which the rabble has too.
Rabble is one of the best peasant classes due to the massive damage that mace can deal while having the looter perk IMO. But everyone their opinion I guess.

A) Khuzait inf, would choose Fian or Khan archer but archery just doesn't feel satisfying enough for me atm which is sad. Warband just feels so much better.

B) Vlandia peasant.

How is the rabble worse than the vlandian peasant? The mace is pretty good and just pick up a better shield, the peasant has basically nothing going for it except the looter perk which the rabble has too.
Rabble is one of the best peasant classes due to the massive damage that mace can deal while having the looter perk IMO. But everyone their opinion I guess.

A) Khuzait inf, would choose Fian or Khan archer but archery just doesn't feel satisfying enough for me atm which is sad. Warband just feels so much better.

B) Vlandia peasant.
Vlandia peasant can get an armor piercing weapon, a spear and a shield at the same time making it actually pretty good

Vlandia peasant can get an armor piercing weapon, a spear and a shield at the same time making it actually pretty good
Hmmm fair but with the agility of peasant classes I don't see a reason to get a spear unless you need it to protect teammates, also in the current meta I would always prefer mace over armour piercing weapon. The rabble mace can deal out 40+ damage to heavy inf, it's stupid really.
Also khuzait can utilize that looter perk very well, some extra gold can go a long way for them due to cheap inf.

Hmmm fair but with the agility of peasant classes I don't see a reason to get a spear unless you need it to protect teammates, also in the current meta I would always prefer mace over armour piercing weapon. The rabble mace can deal out 40+ damage to heavy inf, it's stupid really.
Also khuzait can utilize that looter perk very well, some extra gold can go a long way for them due to cheap inf.

In my opinion having access to a spear is mandatory in high level matches because without one you have no counterplay to just being bumplanced over and over. Check out the medium infantry thread in my sig for an in detail explanation of what I mean.

When I say armor piercing im just referring to anything that isnt a cut weapon like swords. I agree that the kuzait mace is very good.

Back
Top Bottom