Best AU$13.87 I've spent for a long time

Users who are viewing this thread

Blackspirit

Recruit
Hello from Australia :smile:

Great game, Best mounted combat ever......

I have emailed one of the largest game mags in australia -PCpowerPlay- to put this game in their mag, as they have a specific section on "Garage games". Games that are made by a small team and arn't a huge company. Hopefully they'll put it in.

I think a really cool feature to this game could be siege missions. Like theres a castle on a hill, and you have to take it, or defend it. Although thats a pretty big feature to implement.

I'm also wondering..do you guys do like, class diagrams before you code anything? I'm doing programming at university and am just annoyed by the amount of diagrams we have to draw. :smile:

It's a great game indeed, and I agree with you that siege missions would be a nice addition. I noticed that in Zendar one of the buildings has steps that you can climb, so it seems that having walls to defend is just a step up from that...

Hi Blackspirit,

Thanks a lot for your support. :smile:

If you are serious about programming, and want to do it the best way possible, here is the link to my favourite professor's favourite course:
http://user.it.uu.se/~pierref/courses/PV.html
I heartily recommend the text book mentioned there Program Construction and Verification. The techniques explained there are kind of difficult to learn and carry out but they are also the ones that actually work.

Blackspirit said:
Hello from Australia :smile:

Great game, Best mounted combat ever......

I have emailed one of the largest game mags in australia -PCpowerPlay- to put this game in their mag, as they have a specific section on "Garage games". Games that are made by a small team and arn't a huge company. Hopefully they'll put it in.

I think a really cool feature to this game could be siege missions. Like theres a castle on a hill, and you have to take it, or defend it. Although thats a pretty big feature to implement.

I'm also wondering..do you guys do like, class diagrams before you code anything? I'm doing programming at university and am just annoyed by the amount of diagrams we have to draw. :smile:

I'm also studying computer science at university and yeah you have to draw a lot of diagrams for designing your application. I usually end up doing it completely different in code though :wink:

I allways hated drawing design diagrams and the like when I was doing my CS degree in university.

But now that I work as a software devloper, you quuickly learn that time spent on good initial design can save you alot of headaches down the road.

Well, diagrams are good.. but not when you design a programs 10 lines long :smile:. That's stupid, I agree. But when you have a program that his loads of functions, complex logic and all - it's nigh essential.

Lol, those stairs I was mucking around with today. You can jump onto the roof of the stables from them.

Thanks for the text book link. I have a software engineering text book, but its incrediably dry and doesn't really give any good real world uses for diagrams. I'll have to look it up in the library :smile:

I've kinda been creating a prototype game in flash for a client who wants to see what I can do before they give me any work. I didn't do ANY diagrams for that. Just launched straight into coding. About 2000 lines of code later, I'm starting to struggle, especially with bugs :smile:

I'm thinking of kinda reverse enginering - making diagrams out of the code - so I can actually see whats going on :S

I've noticed in the game directory a skin for some undead dude. Is there some kinda zombies around somewhere? Or would that spoil the game :smile:

I've noticed in the game directory a skin for some undead dude. Is there some kinda zombies around somewhere? Or would that spoil the game
They are left over from a previous attempt at a storyline. Since then we decided to keep the game realistic and removed all references to them.

hi

now its done! i finally spent 9.95EUR today(crapy VAT), and got a licence key! :grin: :grin: :grin:
now i have to wait until the copy protection gets a bit less hardcore,the game runs with Win ME and i can play the game :wink:

but i got a key to start right away, when its possible!

greetings

I'm not sure , I tried changing one of the textures that I thought was ingame , but it didnt change ingame , so I guess they're compiled in the models or something ;p

Look out Zendar seems to be coming doing with a plague of leprosy!

In the background you'll notice the constable has the different face skin, but still has the same beard. Zombie + facial hair is creepy
zombies.jpg
[/img]

Back
Top Bottom