Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Doofus

Sergeant
http://prntscr.com/11cy4uh

So...The enemy took Amitatys just before I got there. Because I was already on the bridge, and they were on the far side, they were unable to occupy it. I caught them before they entered and killed their army. The first question here, of course, is why doesn't their army automatically appear in the town when they win, like mine does?

However, aside from that, after killing their army, they had been unable to reinforce it, so I besieged it. They literally had no defenders. Immediately on the campaign map they had 4 ballistas. Who built them if they had no defenders and did not even have anyone in the town to build them? By the time I had my siege camp built and started the siege they had 5 militia. You can see by my screen shot I killed 3 of them, One I shot off a ballista, two were archers I killed by hand after climbing the ladders, but they had 4 ballistas in the simulation as well as on the map.

Uploaded a save that I think was a few minutes before this occurred, so you may be able to recreate it. If I remember correctly I added a couple of close parties to my army just after that save, so you may have to do that.

Other comments...I might have been able to sneak into the town, but since I never do that it didn't occur to me. Since there were no actual defenders in the town maybe it would have given the town to me, but I suspect not. My opinion is IF you can get to the town before defenders are there and you besiege it, it should immediately be yours without the need to build a siege camp. As an example, if the 'owner' elected not to add anyone to the garrison.

The QA team informed me that they were unable to reproduce this issue in the most recent version of the game. Do you remember using any mods or cheats on this session? Also, you can use the suggestion boards to forward your ideas to the team!

I've never used mods in this game.

I had it happen again since posting that. Epicrotian Rebels took Epicrotea from Sturgians. I am at war with Sturgians. Waited for them to take it back, then immediately attacked them and killed their besieging army before they could get into the city, which was planned on my part. When I besieged the city itself it again had no defenders. It again had 4 ballistas. It again had 5 defenders when I actually started the simulation with ladders. I suppose this is a nice glitch I can take advantage of. Even though they have 4 ballistas they don't man them much because they don't have enough defenders. But it shouldn't work this way on multiple levels.

Not sure why they can't reproduce it. Keep in mind if you approach the enemy with a larger army, or close in size they will probably break off the siege and run. I think I had about 450 to their 700 or so, so they ignored me until I attacked them. Should be on the save, but I play at Easy level (not Easiest) and I generally have higher level troops, to 400-450 should usually beat 700.

One last thing; I did look at the possibility of sneaking into the city this time and it said 0%. Not sure what the sneak thing is for, but probably for a quest I never do or something and has nothing to do with sieges.

I suppose I could add this...I started the game under 1.5.8. At one point when loading a save it said something about "incompatible mods, do I want to continue?" (again, I don't use mods). I said yes and it changed it to 1.5.9. Its possible the change from 1.5.8 to 1.5.9 glitched something, but I don't think so. If they are using the save file I sent they should be able to recreate it.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

As far as I know its still an issue, but haven't tested it recently and if the devs can't do something simple then there's no point in pursuing the issue anyways.

Back
Top Bottom