Berserker

Users who are viewing this thread

berserker.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Sturgia Berserker in this thread.

The first to fall are allways my Bersekers. I am currently trying to control them better and concentrate on a small group but it is not easy. If that doesn't work, I am keeping my hands off this unit at the moment. Bummer

Was going to post a new thread then found this to post here:

Sturgian Berserkers AKA swinging axe blenders of death. The only thing more OP would be to give them two additional arms sprouting out of their foreheads like horns so that they could dual wield two handed axes and be like General Grievous but with axes.

The best counter strategy - pick up their Long-ass Northern Axes of Two-handed One-shotting and abuse the overpoweredness that is the great long axe of these Berserkers that swing as fast as I can swing my peasant rabble sword. 141 damage? That's a one shot! I'm dealing 30-50 with my sword over here. Maybe I should try a polearm... but wait, their axes have nearly polearm reach too? And they can swing 1.5 times before I could perform a single lunge...

Obviously archers are a more proper counter given the Berserkers don't have a shield, but unless you're safely up on a platform or behind a wall of shields... oh wait, they have giant AXES of shield shredding... well anyway, so you're stuck trying to pew pew from somewhere safe, but that's generally what you do as a marksman anyway. Maybe thrown weapons are the best response then, but ugh, thrown weapons? You got one shot before they get to you because yes, the Berserker has an INSANE move speed too!

Please balance :smile:
Even adjusting one of the mentioned factors could be enough to bring it into line... maybe?
I could see the argument that without shields they don't shine in sieges, but they for sure run the place in towns or situations with cover. So maybe it was just that one deathmatch... but sheesh. They are super oppressive there.

"Lock the doors."
"And hope they don't have axes."

No, but really, why don't you stand back and just shoot at them? What's the big deal?
Because they are the fastest moving infantry in the game and can just dodge around. Seriously two hander ****s just run around spamming attacks and don't even block because they can just outrun your attacks.

I find the berserker to be among, if not the strongest Shock Troop infantry classes. Especially in Captain mode they can tear through other units quite well. But they should be used as support for Varyag or Warriors. Even in skirmish they are very good, but requires you to be able to dodge arrows, or stay in cover until people close in. Their primary weakness is their lack of defense against archers and cavalry, but with the throwing axe, they can sort of deal with cavalry.

As with all shock infantry, they do rely on team work to be effective, especially in Captain. In Skirmish they are good flankers.

I find the berserker to be among, if not the strongest Shock Troop infantry classes. Especially in Captain mode they can tear through other units quite well. But they should be used as support for Varyag or Warriors. Even in skirmish they are very good, but requires you to be able to dodge arrows, or stay in cover until people close in. Their primary weakness is their lack of defense against archers and cavalry, but with the throwing axe, they can sort of deal with cavalry.

As with all shock infantry, they do rely on team work to be effective, especially in Captain. In Skirmish they are good flankers.
1 arrow and they are dead

I mean... the fur hats are a nice slavic/eastern european touch to make sturgia less viking-y but please bring back the bear/wolf pelts on their heads. Now they just look really goofy. Like "Grrrr here I come with mah yuuuge axe and swing around 'till your whole family's dead and then I will drink from your skull!!"

*Some random vlandian peasant*
"Ok Mr. lumberjack calm down.."

I firmly believe that all the 2h infantry class should have the option of picking a pike as a secondary weapon, making them abble to protect themselves against face to face cavalry charges.

Add pike to berserker plz.

Berserker is sadly quite useless in skirmish. If you land a throwing axe to calvary of course that's great, but any good cav will be prepared with a shield. No way to survive arrows and other projectiles. The warrior has a similar axe, better armor, and is fairly fast for 20 less coins.

Ideally i'd love to see the useless perks like longsword or javelins replaced. Berserker should probably have the great axe by default. I'd love to see options such as shield cleaver, thick skin (resistance to projectiles), beast killer (extra horse damage). In general shock troopers need a more solid identity in skirmish, I know it's being worked on now.

I only really play Berserker in TDM and that's just because it's fun, not because it's particularly good. Berserker on a horse is a blast, but without the shield and with poor armor it's just a matter of time before you get picked off.

Berserker used to be awesome, then they got a hard nerf and now the 2-handed warriors are much better, both in terms of armor and damage output, berserkers just don't pack enough punch to justify taking them over the 2h warriors. They used to be fine the way they were before the nerf, really embodying the viking bloodlust and rage filled warrior archetype. Now they are just lackluster.

Warriors make this class completely useless in captain. The only thing they had over the warriors pre 1.5 was the throwing axe, and now even that is useless. They have little armor, small numbers, and the extra damage output just doesn't compensate when compared to the warrior with improved armor and 2h axe.

Back
Top Bottom