Berserker

Users who are viewing this thread

Personally, i'd increase the ranged damage of the Northern Throwing Axe by 15% and melee damage by 100%. As of 1.5.5, the Berserker is just "Battanian Savage but worse" and while I doubt a buff to the Northern Throwing Axe would ensure parity, I think it'd allow some amount of differentiation while simultaneously improving overall combat performance.

To bump this topic because Sturgia doesn't seem to be doing so well, I wonder if these changes would be appreciated:

Perk One
Great Maul replaced with Quarterstaff - Faster and slightly longer than the Great Maul but deals less damage. On the flipside, it has a thrusting attack and can be used either one or two handed. Essentially a bastard polearm like the Khuzait glaives, where you can either swing it two-handed or use it as a dedicated thrusting weapon if you find a shield

Perk Two
Light Javelins replaced with Sling - The Light Javelin is pretty weak. I'm assuming that they're supposed to be Bannerlord's counterpart to the dart, though I've taken a few light javelin hits and noticed that they barely do any more damage than rocks do, and I think it's better to do slightly less damage with 20 shots than to have far fewer projectiles for oh, I dunno... an extra 5 damage per shot at most?

Thought this might help the Berserker a bit cuz with the way he's currently balanced, there are only two perk choices that matter: Great Axe and Throwing Axes. I feel like this should be changed up slightly so as to make him on par with other shock troops in the game.

To bump this topic because Sturgia doesn't seem to be doing so well, I wonder if these changes would be appreciated:

Perk One
Great Maul replaced with Quarterstaff - Faster and slightly longer than the Great Maul but deals less damage. On the flipside, it has a thrusting attack and can be used either one or two handed. Essentially a bastard polearm like the Khuzait glaives, where you can either swing it two-handed or use it as a dedicated thrusting weapon if you find a shield

Perk Two
Light Javelins replaced with Sling - The Light Javelin is pretty weak. I'm assuming that they're supposed to be Bannerlord's counterpart to the dart, though I've taken a few light javelin hits and noticed that they barely do any more damage than rocks do, and I think it's better to do slightly less damage with 20 shots than to have far fewer projectiles for oh, I dunno... an extra 5 damage per shot at most?

Thought this might help the Berserker a bit cuz with the way he's currently balanced, there are only two perk choices that matter: Great Axe and Throwing Axes. I feel like this should be changed up slightly so as to make him on par with other shock troops in the game.
No offense, but those changes not only will make current class worse (light javs are best side arms for berserker atm, and maul gives crazy slash/armorbreak/breakthrough card with cost of turtle atack speed), but also kill gimmick of class (where the hell you seen berserks/strike infantry with a damn wooden pole and some throwing rocks), slings are already more of joke weapon for savages as they should be light infantry exclusive.

Berserker's cost is too much, they can die with 1 hit and considering sturgia has no looter perk, they are not a wise choice usually in siege/tdm/battle modes. I think they should be cheaper and their hammer must be buffed, they are too slow and cannot break through shields most of the time.
Or give them a bit more armor(+10), so they don't die with 1 hits from 1 handed weapons.

Considering that he has even less armor than the Savage and the Raider Two-handed Axe is worse than the Falx, I think the Berserker should cost 120 in all modes. I think he can get away with being a bit more expensive than the Savage since the Long Two-Handed Axe is arguably worth being naked

awfull class right now>
Zero armor, huge cost (140 gold for naked guy with axe? are you serious)
Awfull weapons except long 2haxe
Useless right side perks
also ZERO good customisation parts
at this point rename this class into LINE BREAKER as in singleplayer, give propper 'not naked guy' armors and give him a good chunk of armor value to be at least good as a voulger (also wooden hammer for 140 class - is this a joke?))

Last edited:
No way in ****ing hell it's worth 140. It's on par with Savages and they cost 120.
Also, fix unit costs in armory as i have no chance to check how much they cost outside of the game.

Back
Top Bottom