benifets and conflicts of being a crusader states man

Users who are viewing this thread

General Darius

Sergeant
i feel since this mod is aimed at trying its best to be close to a realism mod as possible

ANY holy man of the century would follow a man of ANY nationhood into battle against the evil men from the desert

i feel if your apart of the crusader states (merc doesnt count) you should get a high morale buff from anyone of church nationhood BUT

the downside is any arabian army you recruit would have a huge negative as well

There are a number of elements to the Crusades, a strong one of which is that the medieval warming period made a lot of folks in Northern Europe much better off.  The addition of a month of growing season made a huge difference in the health, wealth and fertility of the peoples adjacent to the Baltic.  Although Europe was still wildly fragmented compared to the Roman era, there was some coherence to the support of the Crusades.  Notably, the Venetians were less cooperative and in fact engaged in one of history's greatest frauds in their diversion of the 4th Crusade. 

Nevertheless, the key factor supporting the Crusades is not one this game has a readily applicable mechanic for; the Crusaders got essentially free passage through a variety of territories without taxation on their goods. It is hard for people to realize the way that excessive taxation can gut an effort, but imagine paying 10% of the value of your goods every 100 miles...on a 1,500 mile journey. 

One way of representing this might be to limit the availability of dates to the area of the Crusades, and significantly increase their value in the northern cities. 

ok well maybe at least fix the fact that when i hire people from a village that says hospitaller levy serfs that i actually get that and not arab which give me a negative to my morale =(

The recruitment will be fixed, morale penalties will be there too.  I don't think a bonus is needed, morale is pretty easy to keep high anyway.

I don't mean to be rude and don't flame me if its already been asked but is there an ETA on the next version?

On the subject of recruitment in the crusader states I was meaning to ask if Turkopoles will be introduced as a mercenary unit (mounted archer) in the major towns of the crusaders states?

Yes, would be great to have Turcopoles included, and for the Roman Empire of Nicaea too of course.

I'd like to implement Turks, they were nomadic peoples around this time and they would behave like those marauding Balt warbands in the Baltics, with an option of hiring them as mercenaries. I would need a basic troop tree for them first :smile:

Turkopoles as mercenaries is a great idea too, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom