Benedict XVI stepping down

Users who are viewing this thread

I'll tell you why God worship and infidelity, heaven and hell is such a big deal:

Ask the question: do you believe in God? If yes, it means you most probably pay tithe, so God is happy, his earthly lackeys are happy, you have a fair chance at heaven.
You don't believe in God? You don't pay tithe then, so you are either a heretic, pagan, or infidel. You'd do best to burn at a stake, because it will help you get used to the eternal fire that awaits you.

Easy system, really. You have to kill/burn/convert every heretic you meet, because if some get away unharmed and unconverted, not paying a tithe will spread and God's power will diminish.

God worship was put in place by men too, same with the fear of hell, hope for heaven, mistrust for infidels, etc etc. I don't think God has much to say in those matters.

Then you must hate men who corrupted his word.

I believe in God but that doesn't mean i believe in everything these people say.

The pope are elected by men, not chosen by God.
I only follow pope who are truly Christian (Example is John Paul II).
I'm happy Benedict XVI is leaving.

Most people who killed heretic and forced conversion were Fanatic.
Fanatic are bad in all Religion and even in politic.

You must hate fanatic and not religion itself.

It seems a bit much to retroactively designate everyone who has fought for their religion's supremacy a fanatic. If their actions were 'normal' within their own timeframe, then they were not fanatics. They would be fanatic if they did it in this current timeframe (in the Western world), sure, but most killing of heretics and most forcible conversions were done by bog-standard believers. Don't bull****.

Back
Top Bottom