Bello et Pace - A Gallic Wars Roleplay [Very WIP Thread]

Users who are viewing this thread

Franzmallalieu said:
DonCaptain said:
Franzmallalieu said:
DonCaptain said:
As a former member of the community and the former Dux of the "Roman" faction in the server, I encourage you to think twice before joining Bello et Pace. Hoog, the owner of the server, has been known for his inability to fairly administrate, as well as his incompetence when it comes to stability issues. He treats his server as a host for his grudges against certain members of the community, and has driven away players in the past because of these grudges. Tonight, I was in an argument with him about one of my friends, as well as a prospective player, who Hoog held a grudge against.

Not only this, but he has threatened to ban me multiple times over incidents in the past, especially when I jokingly refer to disagreements between us that had torn apart his communities in the past. He went on to refer to my friends as my "dogs" and stated that they would have left when I was "inevitably banned anyways."

I expect a scathing reply, as well as multiple requests for post deletion, but I encourage you not to join. You'll find no good roleplay nor good experiences on this server, especially if you're targeted by Hoog.

a5164c1994.png

7e1fa1c56f.png

25fc373083.png

fbbf5c9b77.png

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I didn't read any of that.

Please note that I've had multiple issues with Don in the past on other games that I've played with him - I guess I hadn't learned my lesson up to this point. You're free to take whatever the hell he said above into account, but most of it is probably twisted fact. I've highlighted the parts that I think you should focus on.

Hoog's disregard for anybody's criticism, or their arguments, should show that he's unfit. Have some continued logs, in which he admits he's "being unfair."

301437de58.png

9b6e7fd2ba.png

The fact that I admit I'm being unfair should give you an idea of my competence as an admin - I'm willing to admit to my mistakes. Whether I'm willing to fix them is another story. Please - keep posting these logs.
Don: It's his server, he can do whatever he sees fit on it.

Franz-whateverthe****: If you were a good Admin you would have some nicer, more respectful replies to him, instead of just saying "Thanks!  I didn't read any of that!", even if you don't like him that much.  You should also be unbiased, which you're not.

This server isnt going to succeed if you hold grudges and you also be bias tords player, its not. its not going to get you a good reputation either. You should really rethink what your doing and get everything fixed before you release your server.

OK, thanks for the constructive criticism.

e: I'm going to wait until our new map is finished before I continue with the server. The above comments have nothing to do with my decision.

Lol. Mind telling me how you'll get the newest versions with unique features and scripts? Pro h4x skillz? All of the models and scripts we're making currently will be copyright and not open for use (far as I know). I'm looking forward to see this circus. You should be banned from here for flaming the developer staff, too.

BrainDude said:
Lol. Mind telling me how you'll get the newest versions with unique features and scripts? Pro h4x skillz? All of the models and scripts we're making currently will be copyright and not open for use (far as I know). I'm looking forward to see this circus. You should be banned from here for flaming the developer staff, too.

Did you post in the wrong thread?

Franzmallalieu said:
BrainDude said:

You're posting an advertisement for 'your own roma oritur server'? I believe this is the right one.

BrainDude said:
Franzmallalieu said:
BrainDude said:

You're posting an advertisement for 'your own roma oritur server'? I believe this is the right one.

The entire post doesn't really make much sense in the context of what I've said in this thread and what I'n advertising, so that's why I was asking. Feel free to clarify, uh, everything you just said. :smile:

Franzmallalieu said:
BrainDude said:
Franzmallalieu said:
BrainDude said:

The entire post doesn't really make much sense in the context of what I've said in this thread and what I'n advertising, so that's why I was asking. Feel free to clarify, uh, everything you just said. :smile:

This board is for Roma Oritur servers, no?.. Oh and just look at the sheer arrogance this guy's posts radiate. I just can't bother taking you seriously because the original post is ridiculous. You take on how good of a roleplay community it is, yet you have to explain metagaming in the first rule.. Oh and you came from Garry's mod.. Should that say something? Punishing players for making others ragequit? No, I'm not even reading further. What a clown.
PS: Just in case you're blind.
a039246408.png

Edit: I also noticed you contradicting yourself (a thing that happens to tools whose brains cant comprehend much information and lose focus quickly). In the title it says light roleplay, yet you're trying to say something about heavy roleplay in the post. There's just so many logic mistakes all around I won't even go deeper than this.

BrainDude said:

The scripts nor features are not unique to one server, they are unique to the module. Nothing will be copyrighted, it's all free use just as they always have been. Unless you plan on working on that for a month to get it copyrighted, which I doubt. If you release a mod, and you don't want people to host servers, you need to make it so nobody can.  I understand you don't want others competing with Official NA, but the sad part is, there is always competition in every mod. So maybe you're all right, and hoog is.. whatever you all say he is... but what if he still gets 32 players on, maybe that means official NA should change things up a bit and look at how they're running things.

For heavens sake, he purchased a server, and he has the right to do so. Let him run it how he wants!

gedizz said:
BrainDude said:

The scripts nor features are not unique to one server, they are unique to the module. Nothing will be copyrighted, it's all free use just as they always have been. Unless you plan on working on that for a month to get it copyrighted, which I doubt. If you release a mod, and you don't want people to host servers, you need to make it so nobody can.  I understand you don't want others competing with Official NA, but the sad part is, there is always competition in every mod. So maybe you're all right, and hoog is.. whatever you all say he is... but what if he still gets 32 players on, maybe that means official NA should change things up a bit and look at how they're running things.

For heavens sake, he purchased a server, and he has the right to do so. Let him run it how he wants!

I don't think you understand how copyright works. Any material created is owned by the person, you don't need to apply for anything. Big text doesn't help for ****'s sake, don't be childish. I'm not forbidding anything. The script and models are not 'unique to the module', where the hell did you take that from? The content created is owned by it's author (Look up author's rights). Are you high or something? Don't try to be smart with words and terms you don't understand, please. I'm trying to say that dividing the community is bad, and who the hell are you to oppress my opinion?
EDIT: Oh wait, you're the host of his server, you don't give a ****. Is 20$/month rent enough to buy you to respond with comments because he can't do it himself? Yeah, he can go cry me a river.
PS: I'm not the one invading his mod's board with sarcastic insults and being a smart-ass.

BrainDude said:
gedizz said:
BrainDude said:

I don't think you understand how copyright works. Any material created is owned by the person, you don't need to apply for anything. Big text doesn't help for ****'s sake, don't be childish. I'm not forbidding anything. The script and models are not 'unique to the module', where the hell did you take that from? The content created is owned by it's author (Look up author's rights). Are you high or something? Don't try to be smart with words and terms you don't understand, please. I'm trying to say that dividing the community is bad, and who the hell are you to oppress my opinion?
EDIT: Oh wait, you're the host of his server, you don't give a ****. Is 20$/month rent enough to buy you to respond with comments because he can't do it himself? Yeah, he can go cry me a river.
PS: I'm not the one invading his mod's board with sarcastic insults and being a smart-ass.

Then why is there a U.S copyright Office? In order for something to be copyrighted you need to register a work, if you plan to sue anyone over it that is. Why do people patent ideas? Just because it's your idea, or your creation does not mean it's yours and thats just the sad truth about this world we live in.

EDIT: The "Unique features and scripts" are not Tritus'. Well perhaps some of the features will be, but they'll certainly be uploaded client side for the most part anyway which will allow anyone to make a server with them. The scripts on the other hand, are not his at all.

Gedizz is correct about needing to register intelectual property with either the us or international patent office, normally you can get something protected for 15 to 25 years but then it is public domain. If you put something on the internet before registering or atleast getting a Pattent pending approval notice you have little to no recourse if someone else uses or builds off of your work. You definately have no recourse if they give it away for free. Technically it's only copyright violation if someone where to take registered material , reproduce and sell it as legitimate instances.

So no there is no copyright violation of intelectual property as there is no resell of a registered product. In fact even if it was registered 3rd party servers would still not be considered a violation due to it being a sale of a service not a product.

The scripts were redone by the gshosting.us team who voluenteered to help the Roma dev team when it became apparent that they were being misled. We rebuild our scripts depending of the demands of our clients and freely allow the use of our scripts by our clients.

@Gediz&Car: I'm not even going to start arguing or replying to your posts. I thought the mod was partly your creation, too, and the guy outright bashing it with sarcastic comments and bull**** (not even speaking about such all the illogical details in his post that any individual with an average IQ would've noticed) shouldn't be allowed to do this. Do you mind telling me why would you jump ships and defensively take his side? Am I the only one here noticing something fishy?

It's because they are right in defending him. He said some rude things but the better man wouldn't go onto his topic and start doing the same thing. He stopped doing such things and I suggest you stop as well. With the influx of people buying MBW through the steam sale we are going to get flesh blood and more people. If he wants to have a server with a bit more rp then the regular server and he is willing to pay to have it then let him. Mutual respect man.

Please - send me a DMCA notice. That would be amusing!  :wink:

I'm going to leave this here. If you can't figure out what it's supposed to mean, Mr. BrainDude, maybe you're not as smart as you make yourself out to be.

1wLGgb9.png

Franzmallalieu said:

I'm going to leave this here. If you can't figure out what it's supposed to mean, Mr. BrainDude, maybe you're not as smart as you make yourself out to be.

1wLGgb9.png

What does a fair use logo even mean in this context? I'm looking forward to see you using my models :smile: There is no fight, you can't 'win'. I've never given permission to use any of my work and I'll make sure Taleworlds acknowledge that.

BrainDude said:
Franzmallalieu said:

1wLGgb9.png

What does a fair use logo even mean in this context? I'm looking forward to see you using my models :smile: There is no fight, you can't 'win'. I've never given permission to use any of my work and I'll make sure Taleworlds acknowledge that.

Cool, dude - get me banned! Go for it! I've got plenty of other forums that I can easily advertise on (in fact, I've already done this - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3651260). The minute you allowed Tritus to use "your" models in Roma Oritur was the minute they became open source, as anyone can host a Roma Oritur server, or any other Warband mod.

e: You didn't make these models in the first place. They're not yours. Tritus took them from Imperium Romanum and other Roman mods without the owners' explicit permission. Claiming they're "yours" is like me claiming that the scripts Gedizz is loaning me are mine.

Franzmallalieu said:
BrainDude said:
Franzmallalieu said:

1wLGgb9.png

Cool, dude - get me banned! Go for it! I've got plenty of other forums that I can easily advertise on (in fact, I've already done this - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3651260). The minute you allowed Tritus to use "your" models in Roma Oritur was the minute they became open source, as anyone can host a Roma Oritur server, or any other Warband mod.

I don't think you understand the view I'm trying to paint you. If I wanted you banned, you'd already be banned. If you use our crafted models, It'll be taken down either by Taleworlds, the powers that be or even my own effort if it comes to that, I don't care. What are the quotes on 'your' supposed to mean? You can use the current module fine, I couldn't give less of a ****. There's a hundred of custom models in development. They're not OSP, so we'll see it in time if you're so stupid as to even try using them.

PS: The models aren't only mine. You've got more to deal with than just myself. Our models will be coming in future releases, see you there, goodbye.

I'm not sure what you mean BrainDude. If you put the models in the mod, then everyone has access to them. Vornne didn't make PW and say, "Nobody can use iron ore on their map! Just me!" Did he? No, he did not. If hoog was making his own mod your view would make some sense but since he's just running a server, I very strongly that he can use all of the mods models as he sees fit.

Back
Top Bottom