Bello et Pace - A Gallic Wars Roleplay [Very WIP Thread]

Users who are viewing this thread

1wLGgb9.png

orKvY1C.jpg

It is 59 BC. Caesar has begun to prepare his conquest of Gaul, a campaign that he claims is entirely defensive in nature. The Gauls fight amongst themselves foolishly, unbeknownst to the fact that a tribal union of some sort is their only hope to surviving the upcoming Roman invasion.  Caesar, despite all of his pride and arrogance, is very aware that the Gauls are not to be underestimated. Much like the relatively recent Third Punic War, the campaign would prove to be one of the most difficult wars the Roman people had waged up until this point in their history.

The Community

[size=14pt]Server Overview & Rules:
[size=14pt]
1. Our server rules override the "Official Server Rules NA/EU" post. If you don't want to read all of these rules, just keep in mind that our server is much more roleplay based than the official servers are.

2. Our approach to the server will be very roleplay heavy. The golden rule is that if the action you're performing can be easily visualized within the Warband engine, you don't need to state that you're performing that action in-character (hereinafter ICly) in chat. For example, if your character is cheering and you decide to use the cheer emote within the - menu, you don't need to type something along the lines of "*cheers loudly*". Please note that we make a clear distinction between IC chat and OOC chat - everything said globally is considered out-of-character, while everything said in near chat is considered in-character.  When typing in-character, please type properly to the best of your ability. Typing with no grammar whatsoever out-of-character is perfectly acceptable, but that's frowned upon heavily ICly.

3. Upon being attacked or provoked ICly, you are free to retaliate.

4. Act as your character would based on his faction, social status, military rank, role in society, etc.

5. OOC ****ery is absolutely permitted. However, if your "victim" gets angry and quits the community/server, you'll be punished. Know people's limits.

6. Players require a serious first and last name - depending on their faction. Romans require a praenomen, nomen, and cognomen. Barbarians (Germans, Gauls, etc.) are allowed to only have a first name. All other factions' naming conventions are decided upon entirely by their players or leaders, but we ask that you use historically fitting names for your characters - don't go naming a Suebi berserker Charles or John.

7. Faction leaders must make a post (assuming we get our own subforum) detailing their faction's basic information, such as ranks, naming conventions, rules, a brief history, full name, etc.

8. These rules are updated very frequently. It's your job to check them often. We won't tell you when they've been changed.

9. Players may not use the names of prominent historical figures of the time period (or earlier/later on, for that matter) for their characters. Rome won't be led by Caesar and the Gauls won't be led by Vercingetorix - for example, Rome will have a provincial governor/doux and legatus, while the Gauls will have a tribal chieftain and council.

[size=14pt]Factions:
[size=14pt]Full length, detailed posts about factions will be made in this subforum by the faction leaders as soon as we're ready to go.

Note: For fun's sake, we won't be entirely historically accurate. There's going to be other factions than just Gaul and the Romans. We're not going to have Dacian falxes slash the shoulderpads off of pre-Marian reform Roman lorica segmentata - the list is endless. Fun over accuracy.

1wLGgb9.png

It's nice to see new servers pop up for this mod, it needs new servers.

I don't think that'll be an issue. I have a preexisting community that's very eager to play on this server, so I don't think I'll be taking too many players away from you guys' servers.

Franzmallalieu said:
I don't think that'll be an issue. I have a preexisting community that's very eager to play on this server, so I don't think I'll be taking too many players away from you guys' servers.

Unless its locked, yes you will. lol. People will join it because it has more people, but then some people will still play on NA1.

gedizz said:
Franzmallalieu said:

Unless its locked, yes you will. lol. People will join it because it has more people, but then some people will still play on NA1.

Who says it's going to get more players? We don't know that yet.

On another note, we're running into some slight technical issues that we hope to have fixed relatively soon. Nothing major.

As a former member of the community and the former Dux of the "Roman" faction in the server, I encourage you to think twice before joining Bello et Pace. Hoog, the owner of the server, has been known for his inability to fairly administrate, as well as his incompetence when it comes to stability issues. He treats his server as a host for his grudges against certain members of the community, and has driven away players in the past because of these grudges. Tonight, I was in an argument with him about one of my friends, as well as a prospective player, who Hoog held a grudge against.

Not only this, but he has threatened to ban me multiple times over incidents in the past, especially when I jokingly refer to disagreements between us that had torn apart his communities in the past. He went on to refer to my friends as my "dogs" and stated that they would have left when I was "inevitably banned anyways."

I expect a scathing reply, as well as multiple requests for post deletion, but I encourage you not to join. You'll find no good roleplay nor good experiences on this server, especially if you're targeted by Hoog.

a5164c1994.png

7e1fa1c56f.png

25fc373083.png

fbbf5c9b77.png

DonCaptain said:
As a former member of the community and the former Dux of the "Roman" faction in the server, I encourage you to think twice before joining Bello et Pace. Hoog, the owner of the server, has been known for his inability to fairly administrate, as well as his incompetence when it comes to stability issues. He treats his server as a host for his grudges against certain members of the community, and has driven away players in the past because of these grudges. Tonight, I was in an argument with him about one of my friends, as well as a prospective player, who Hoog held a grudge against.

Not only this, but he has threatened to ban me multiple times over incidents in the past, especially when I jokingly refer to disagreements between us that had torn apart his communities in the past. He went on to refer to my friends as my "dogs" and stated that they would have left when I was "inevitably banned anyways."

I expect a scathing reply, as well as multiple requests for post deletion, but I encourage you not to join. You'll find no good roleplay nor good experiences on this server, especially if you're targeted by Hoog.

a5164c1994.png

7e1fa1c56f.png

25fc373083.png

fbbf5c9b77.png

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I didn't read any of that.

Please note that I've had multiple issues with Don in the past on other games that I've played with him - I guess I hadn't learned my lesson up to this point. You're free to take whatever the hell he said above into account, but most of it is probably twisted fact. I've highlighted the parts that I think you should focus on.

Franzmallalieu said:
DonCaptain said:

a5164c1994.png

7e1fa1c56f.png

25fc373083.png

fbbf5c9b77.png

Please note that I've had multiple issues with Don in the past on other games that I've played with him - I guess I hadn't learned my lesson up to this point. You're free to take whatever the hell he said above into account, but most of it is probably twisted fact. I've highlighted the parts that I think you should focus on.

Hoog's disregard for anybody's criticism, or their arguments, should show that he's unfit. Have some continued logs, in which he admits he's "being unfair."

301437de58.png

9b6e7fd2ba.png

DonCaptain said:
Franzmallalieu said:
DonCaptain said:

a5164c1994.png

7e1fa1c56f.png

25fc373083.png

fbbf5c9b77.png

Hoog's disregard for anybody's criticism, or their arguments, should show that he's unfit. Have some continued logs, in which he admits he's "being unfair."

301437de58.png

9b6e7fd2ba.png

The fact that I admit I'm being unfair should give you an idea of my competence as an admin - I'm willing to admit to my mistakes. Whether I'm willing to fix them is another story. Please - keep posting these logs.

Hopefully, all the good players on RO come to this server and leave the RDM'ers to the other ones. Oh, and Tritus has nothing to do with this server so it's all good.

MaccaUK said:
Hopefully, all the good players on RO come to this server and leave the RDM'ers to the other ones. Oh, and Tritus has nothing to do with this server so it's all good.

We'll be at our height when Tritus inadvertently kills off this soon-to-be-trainwreck. When his servers are down, there'll still be people interested in continuing playing RO.

We've decided that serious roleplay in the style of the game we came from - Garry's Mod -  just isn't going to work on Warband, so we're going to alter up our rules a slight bit.

Back
Top Bottom