MP Antiquity Bello Civili - The Roman Civil War [Bello Civili: Egypt released!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Sherlock Holmes said:
inter17 said:
Slawtering said:
I assume its the same as warband and its mods in the fact that you just press ctrl + e to quit the editor and it asks you to save it... Unless PW is different that is to regular warband I dont see why you should be having a problem.

no doing that doesnt save, in PW you just had to quit the editor to save but not in this napoleanic type mods and i havent found any guides to help me

It says "You have made changes to the objects. Do you want to save the changes?"........and you click "Yes, save."

i know what your talking about but that doesnt work theres something more to save it. it undoes all changes when i restart up mount and blade

We would like to present a new update for the greek & egyptian units, which will get a new look.
FSE modeller Admiral is supporting us with the greek units, with some new helmets made by himself.

Corinthian Helmet variations

%D1%81orynthian.jpg

Most Greek (and the outlying areas) helmets are based upon the Corinthian be them minor differences  to totally different helmets. I would'nt put it far past the truth for Egyptians to use them, still not sure if its historical though.

Slawtering said:
Most Greek (and the outlying areas) helmets are based upon the Corinthian be them minor differences  to totally different helmets. I would'nt put it far past the truth for Egyptians to use them, still not sure if its historical though.
Greek%20Helmet%20Evolution.jpg

The one on the left is the Illyrian helmets and the ones on the right are corinthian. Both were out of style by the 4th century. That's a nice helmet they made though, however it's one of the older forms of the Corinthian helmet without even any cutouts for the more mobile tactics of the period.

I had an evolution picture for the Late Republican helmets as well but I deleted it=/.

Well to be honest the man creating them for us seems to have mixed sources a little, while the Corinthian helmet survived into 100 AD it had changed considerably from that design, but he is also making some more helmets which were definitely used by the Ptolemaics. However that helmet is such good quality i think we'll have to find a way to fit it in, I'm sure a few were used still.

Omnipotente said:
Corinthian helmets ? is this mod ahistorical?
Most soldiers back then weren't professional soldiers though, hoplites especially, so I don't see why they wouldn't use it if they couldn't get anything else. They probably had a huge mash of helmets drifting around that would be passed from father to son.

Hazzardevil said:
Omnipotente said:
Most soldiers back then weren't professional soldiers though, hoplites especially, so I don't see why they wouldn't use it if they couldn't get anything else. They probably had a huge mash of helmets drifting around that would be passed from father to son.

For 400 or so years. Okay, it all makes sense now.

KickingJoub said:
Hazzardevil said:
Omnipotente said:

Helmets are fairly resilient and I doubt people were regularly throwing away helmets, or you'd get the occasional odd person who wanted a Corinthian helmet rather than the latest and greatest piece of metal to stick on their head. People don't always want the newest thing, they want something retro.

Hazzardevil said:
KickingJoub said:
Hazzardevil said:
Omnipotente said:

Helmets are fairly resilient and I doubt people were regularly throwing away helmets, or you'd get the occasional odd person who wanted a Corinthian helmet rather than the latest and greatest piece of metal to stick on their head. People don't always want the newest thing, they want something retro.

For 400 years dude? Don't try to rationalize it. Just be glad it looks good.

I've made a research on Ptolemaic Armies:

NileMosaicOfPalestrinaSoldiers.jpg

NileMosaicOfPalestrina.jpg

1283_face.jpg
1282_face.jpg
1281_face.jpg
1285_face.jpg

1279_face.jpg
1280_face.jpg
1286_face.jpg
1381_face.jpg

84fe14_9a16ed2026222ac5f692890f2867bffd.jpg

Montvert-ThePtolemaicArmy3.jpg

Montvert-ThePtolemaicArmy5.jpg

ptolemaicreformedarmy028ip.jpg
ptole5.jpg

ghjla.png

fytghj.png
125-492-thickbox_zps95a21e6d.jpg

125-487-thickbox_zpscababe58.jpg

125-488-thickbox_zps64940159.jpg

125-489-thickbox_zps3274b18d.jpg

125-490-thickbox_zps62390d44.jpg

fgyuhj.png

picture7wi.png

picture3os.png

picture2bha.png

picture4qn.png

ygh.png

picture8cn.png

picture6iv.png

picture5mk.png

picture1khc.png

picture12iz.png

thorakpk0.jpg

machimoiuic.png

kghp9.jpg

009hue.jpg

fghbjn.png

helmet_zps61c1ed17.jpg

Hope this is useful.

I'll be placing more material eventually.

I do like the corithian helmet for greeks, But for Egypt????
Since they were a Succesor state of Alexander... they had Macedonian like equipment, and the Corithian helmet does not fit in to that at all.

Omnipotente said:
I've made a research on Ptolemaic Armies:

NileMosaicOfPalestrinaSoldiers.jpg

NileMosaicOfPalestrina.jpg

1283_face.jpg
1282_face.jpg
1281_face.jpg
1285_face.jpg

1279_face.jpg
1280_face.jpg
1286_face.jpg
1381_face.jpg

84fe14_9a16ed2026222ac5f692890f2867bffd.jpg

Montvert-ThePtolemaicArmy3.jpg

Montvert-ThePtolemaicArmy5.jpg

ptolemaicreformedarmy028ip.jpg
ptole5.jpg

ghjla.png

fytghj.png
125-492-thickbox_zps95a21e6d.jpg

125-487-thickbox_zpscababe58.jpg

125-488-thickbox_zps64940159.jpg

125-489-thickbox_zps3274b18d.jpg

125-490-thickbox_zps62390d44.jpg

fgyuhj.png

picture7wi.png

picture3os.png

picture2bha.png

picture4qn.png

ygh.png

picture8cn.png

picture6iv.png

picture5mk.png

picture1khc.png

picture12iz.png

thorakpk0.jpg

machimoiuic.png

kghp9.jpg

009hue.jpg

fghbjn.png

helmet_zps61c1ed17.jpg

Hope this is useful.

I'll be placing more material eventually.

Good stuff, our Ptolemaics looks the same. We have a mix of Greek style and Egyptian style troops, with some varied mercenaries, persians, nubians and arabs.

Back
Top Bottom