Belligerent Drunks, Town Bandits, Bodyguards, and Book Sellers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Kleronomus

Recruit
Are we ever going to see NPCs like the Belligerent Drunk in the taverns or be randomly attacked by bandits when we enter a town or village? Or possibly come upon a Book Seller that can sell us books to enhance our characters, or have a companion tail us as a bodyguard? These were all great features of M&B Warband, but absent in Bannerlord, and would actually give us a reason to go into towns to look for Book Sellers in the tavern or wander the streets in search of random bandit encounters.

Also, Pretenders to the Throne...

have a companion tail us as a bodyguard
That feature was one of annoying ones for me. If it's ever gonna be implemented, i think bodyguards should only appear during ambushes otherwise they just block your movement.

Personally I quite liked the bodyguard feature, but it only works when they actually had something to guard you against

Are we ever going to see NPCs like the Belligerent Drunk in the taverns or be randomly attacked by bandits when we enter a town or village? Or possibly come upon a Book Seller that can sell us books to enhance our characters, or have a companion tail us as a bodyguard? These were all great features of M&B Warband, but absent in Bannerlord, and would actually give us a reason to go into towns to look for Book Sellers in the tavern or wander the streets in search of random bandit encounters.

I don’t think so, at least not in vanilla. Non of the few TW feedback suggests it.

or have a companion tail us as a bodyguard?
That already happens. Any time you enter a city, whichever companion in your party who's been with you the longest will spawn with you, already following you around. (There's a case where s/he won't spawn, but it's rare.)

Unfortunately, there's no practical reason for it, as there currently cannot be combat while exploring a city.

That already happens. Any time you enter a city, whichever companion in your party who's been with you the longest will spawn with you, already following you around. (There's a case where s/he won't spawn, but it's rare.)

Unfortunately, there's no practical reason for it, as there currently cannot be combat while exploring a city.
I haven't done it in a while because it is practicaly useless, but if you insult the random dudes standing around in the waterfront or clearing they attack you. If you win the battle I think you even get a small rep boost from the other gang leaders, I they even comment on it.
But one of those things that are overlooked because of there being no reason to walk around in towns

You all know that the Bodyguard feature is actually already in game right? When you enter any town or castle scene, one companion always accompanies you, so you do have a bodyguard.

What you don't have is any reason for you to NEED a bodyguard. Hell you don't have any reason to need civilian armor or a weapon either. Obviously something is missing.

YES! Id forgotten about these, and traveling wanders to help us locate our missing companions easier and the minstrels with really bad poems (wont do anything in bannerlord coz reasons, but is a nice touch)

We need random encounters in scenes and more of it pronto.

I really enjoyed fighting off assassins in warband but I'd also love to hire shady assassins to knock off my enemies. Particularly in my own faction.

It's kind of depressing how the fun, entertaining, and immersive features which contributed to Warband's iconic atmosphere were scrapped during Bannerlord's development.

It's a head scratcher to say the least, but at least we have board games!

And a cool perk system. Some of the perks work.

It's kind of depressing how the fun, entertaining, and immersive features which contributed to Warband's iconic atmosphere were scrapped during Bannerlord's development.

It's a head scratcher to say the least

Indeed. Probably a decision made by a newly hired MBA.

, but at least we have board games!

I prefer gwent ><

And a cool perk system. Some of the perks work.

Cool perk system? You're probably in the minority....

Back
Top Bottom