Being forced to use autoresolve due to being 'wounded'

Users who are viewing this thread

durbal

Sergeant
This is idiotic. I have 1 hp less than the 21 required so I'm forced to lose tons of my army due to the crappy autoresolve system.

Can you guys remove this? I don't think anyone likes this. It serves zero purpose. If I want to go in a battle with 1hp and die from a fart wafting in my nose, forcing my entire army to just charge forward, then please let me do that. Actually, I'd rather just go into battle and have my entire army charge forward right away. Anything is better than autoresolve.

Yea... thing is pretty sure most of the Tactics perks don't even work yet. Think the medical ones do though (increases how many are wounded instead of just dying)

Don't think they're really worried about the whole HP issue but you can use the developer console or other mods to just heal yourself whenever you want to get around it.

It's simply a due penalty to the current state of your character unable to command on the battlefield.

How many of us complain the character is able to perform perfectly well so long as he/she remains 1 HP above 0, but then immediately keels over when the HP runs out? This is as arbitrary as any other. It's a method to portray a certain aspect of reality under the game's limited terms. Much the same, the game chooses a method to portray the situation in a manner that works well for the given purpose. In this case, the given purpose would be to differentiate the combat efficiency of your troops in relation to your capability to command or not. It's a reasonable penalty.

The most simple solution? Don't get caught when you can't command.

I had no idea this was a thing. Then again I don't think my health has ever been that low outside of the arena. Forcing you to autoresolve is truly heinous.

It's simply a due penalty to the current state of your character unable to command on the battlefield.

How many of us complain the character is able to perform perfectly well so long as he/she remains 1 HP above 0, but then immediately keels over when the HP runs out? This is as arbitrary as any other. It's a method to portray a certain aspect of reality under the game's limited terms. Much the same, the game chooses a method to portray the situation in a manner that works well for the given purpose. In this case, the given purpose would be to differentiate the combat efficiency of your troops in relation to your capability to command or not. It's a reasonable penalty.

The most simple solution? Don't get caught when you can't command.

Yet while simulating it in the actual battle it forces all units to charge and disallows issuing commands. Oh, and despite being wounded for some reason the autoresolve uses my Tactics skill.

The idea that autoresolve is a 'penalty' is demented. Autoresolve is a convenience feature. If it worked perfectly it wouldn't even be a penalty to be wounded.

Let me load into battle and tell the troops to charge. Or, you know, let their sergeants issue commands. Yeah, that feature that already exists.

And phrasing it as that it's 'as arbitrary as any other' misrepresents the problem as simply that it is arbitrary. That's not the problem. The problem is the little healing dance you do to get to 21hp before engaging to avoid the terrible implementation of autoresolve.

Back
Top Bottom